Things About Dallas and the HOD Bowl

eulessismore

1. There's a big old electronic billboard advertising the HOD Bowl that's the biggest thing TRE riders see when the westbound train crosses Stemmons/IH35. By the way, the TRE "Winter Whistler Express" is pretty cool (yeah, pun intended).

2. The mayor, Mike Rawlings, is a big HOD supporter. And he's an old college football player himself-at Boston College, I believe.

3. The tallest building in town (Bank of America?), has always been lit green. Rawlings recently presided over its being relit with led lighting, and raved about how it reminded him how that he's always felt "Dallas is Oz", and this confirms that (I don't really get the reference myself).

4. The Omni Hotel looks badass all lit up with whatever color when driving into downtown eastbound on IH30; I'm hoping they have it all done up in "Mean Green" for our New Years Eve party

5. Pretty much all the downtown skyline has been converted to led lighting (some complain you just can't get away from the stuff), so whatever buildings are led can go "green", at least for NYE.

6. Dart's Green Line goes to Fair Park. Nuff said.

7. Lance Dunbar was the player every Cowboys fan in Dallas wanted to talk about after Thanksgiving. Let's keep that talk alive.

• Upvote 1