2012 HS - Jeremy King - 6'10" PF (Loyola Chicago)

High School: St. Thomas Episcopal (Houston)

AAU: Texas PRO

ESPN listing: 2 star, 85 grade, 30th ranked player in the state of Texas (October 2011)

Rivals listing: Ranked 31st overall prospect in Texas by TexasHoops (October 2011)

King won a TAPPS (private schools) state championship in 2011.

King plays on a STACKED AAU team... Texas PRO includes 4 Rivals Top 100 players from the class of 2012: Isiah Austin (Rivals #5 prospect), Chicken Knowles (Rivals #47), Jelon Hornbeak (Rivals #89), and Danuel House (Rivals #15). Texas PRO also boasts Chance Allen (4 BCS offers) from the class of 2012. And, for good measure, Emmanuel Mudiay (#3 per Rivals and #7 per ESPN in the class of 2014).

Strong but unconfirmed rumors that North Texas has offered a scholarship.

Not recruiting related but I was at the championship game last year in Mansfield. (St Thomas & Plano Prestonwood) I left at halftime very upset with the officiating against Prestonwood but in particular, against Julius Randle. He had 4 of the worst calls in the history of bad calls against him. Clearly the most dominate player on the court, the refs just decided that he was not going to be a factor.

I drove over 50 miles to get there just in time for the tipoff from Kimball's regional championship game at the Special Events Center in Garland. Anyway, King didn't overwhelm me but you can tell that his best ball is ahead of him. Needs to pick up some serious weight and add strength. Kid looked no older than 13.

• Upvote 4

• 1 month later...

From another board on King :

Christian Sanders was the MVP of The Charlie Thomas Tournament as he lead St. Thomas over HCYA which features Chicken Knowles (UH signee) and Top sophomore Justin Jackson. Jeremy King was the story as he dominated the game on both ends with 17 points, 17 rebounds and 3 blocks. Sanders averaged 24 for tourney.

King has been really impressive as of late and will not sign early. He was very good in Hicks Super 16 event in Houston and was even better tonight. Will be interesting if there is a rematch with HCYA in St. Thomas' own tournament next week or it could be The Village School and Shaq and then Lamar Consolidated on 11/14in 'Season Opening Event".

Spread the word: "King is starting to really get it"

• 3 months later...

King verbals to Loyola (Chicago).

Looks like he and another Houston private school kid decided to go there as a pair.

I think if we'd had a ship to give him, he'd have been ours for the taking. Potentially a good sign for next year's roster if our staff isn't saying anything encouraging to potential late recruits about available scholarships for the class of 2012.

Hat tip to NT03.

Now, pretend I was never even here...

• 2 months later...