Question about Mean Green Club

Newfan

We travel from out-of-town to Denton for all the home games and want to join the Mean Green Club. I see on the Athletics Page a PDF about benefits of different levels of membership - I do have a question about a "hospitality tent" that we saw at all the home games in the past - I don't see a mention about that on the benefits list (it includes Hospitality Room access for basketball.) I assume we should call from the contact info on the site but I was wondering if someone could fill me in on the hospitality arrangements during football season with a membership. Thanks

The Hospitality deck at old Fouts Field is no longer around. The club level seats took it's place in the new stadium, at least for this year. Once all the club level seats sell out, you may see some version of the hospitality deck return, you may not.

While many have complained about this, it is simply the price of trying to raise the stadium experience to a college level experience. Fouts was a great value, but that's because it was a dilapidated, middle school stadium.

You still have the new Alumni Pavillion just outside the gates of Fouts if you want to purchase a beer. We all should remember, while the benefits you receive from the MGC are great, the main reason for giving is to help the school pay for the scholarships of the athletes that we enjoy watching play the game.

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 6

Excellent reply, UNT90. +1 for you, sir. Yes, the new Alumni pavilion should help ease the pain for some of losing the deck, but the Pavilion will close 30 minutes prior to kickoff and will not be open at halftime nor after the games. At least that is the scheduling right now.

Also, remember that the Mean green Room for basketball games should still be operating prior to basketball games and that is a great bargain and benefit for those who join the Mean Green Club at the designated level.

There are plenty of benefits to joining the Mean Green Club and they appear to be growing as the program gets ramped up and as it builds members. But, as UNT90 states, the best benefit to being a member of the Mean green Club is knowing that you are helping to provide scholarship money for the athletes who represent UNT.

GO MEAN GREEN!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1