Need Some Gmg.com Assistance...

PerryG2480

He keeps coming back to "wasting away fees in other areas"...

Just a couple thoughts:

UNT has excellent resources because of these fees. I personally don't think we should hack at them to move our budget in favor of athletics. I want to take what we currently are, and add a well-funded athletics department into the mix. It has been studied and proven that the perceived value of our degrees goes hand-in-hand with athletic success and commitment.

If the students embrace the athletics fee (NOT STADIUM FEE, (@U*%@AAHHHHH#(*$@#%)), then I am gladly donating 800 and more. That is what this stadium is about: UNT pride, alumni interaction, and support.

Our four year title run while we had Fouts does not overshadow the fact that Fouts is a dump that needs to be replaced, as evidenced by it not being in compliance with the American Disabilities laws/codes, and cracks and leaks in the infrastructure. Every facility is eventually going to need to be refurbished/replaced at some point. It is Fout's time.

How would the biology department liked it if the university told them their equipment isn't getting replaced until no one is failing?

It wouldn't surprise me if this guy's GF is the green brigader who has commented a few times on the NT Daily editorials. They are very passionate about this, and IMO don't come across as the type that will give a rats about UNT after they have their degrees.

Graduate. Be a band director. Have a high school band march in your hometown stadium that is better than Fouts....and be proud?

To put another spin on his argument:

If they have such a problem with how the fees are getting distributed, why is this an issue now?

I think they are in agreement that Fouts is old, just in disagreement with how it is being asked of the students to fix the problem.

But why should the athletics continue to suffer (because they are one of the worst funded FBS athletics in the country) just because they disagree with other departments?

There are ways to address this. Vote yes for the athletics referendum, and then address the appropriate people about how the other fees are assessed.

Completely agree with everything you're saying. I'm done dealing with that idiot though.

May I make a polite suggestion?

Your tone, completely unintentional, is condescending. Calling people an idiot online is not going to win over their favor. And, BTW, I worry about negativity on THIS board. People - though a small minority - can come here looking for information and the labels can turn them off in a hurry.

Also, throwing "facts" this and "facts" that does not seem to be working. It is their perception that we are having to address. Numbers can be spun different ways, so it is important to use them in a manner which supports your opinion.

The passionate ones have already voted. Lets spend the rest of this week trying to make sure we address the casual voter that is looking for information, and respect what they are trying to find.

Noted, but this guy is a Longhorn fan. I realize his girlfriend is a student at UNT; but contrary to what his signature says, nothing I say will change his mind...much less his girlfriend's.

I didn't call him an idiot on that site, and I kept it cordial enough in my opinion. If he wants to venture over here and read up, so be it. I'm sure the facts he might discover would far outweigh the fact that I called him an idiot.

Vote or no vote, I'm not going to tip toe around on a website that has very little to do with North Texas. If a guy is spreading incorrect information, I'm going to call him out on it...condescending or not.