Fw*telegram Link..unt Fires Slinker After 19 Seasons

OldTimer

http://www.star-telegram.com/college_sport...ory/525614.html

1. Donna Capps, Larry Tidwell..."she wouldn't rule out" returning to college coaching

2.Lamar coach, former TCU asst with deep recruiting ties

3. West TX A&M Krista Gerlich, former TT players, asst to Marsha Sharp..Div 1 coaching and playing experience

4. Candi Harvey..Mansfield Timberview HS ...finalist for UTA job last year...has won at pro, college and HS levels

Make an adjustment to your post - Larry Tidwell is the Lamar coach (should be part of point 2).

Of all these candidates, I still like Donna Capp best. However, I know there was a problem with an assistant coach at UTA. The rumors were that UTA wanted Donna to fire the assistant and she would not. Consequently, Donna resigned. I support her loyalty, but also question what the assistant did or did not do (that I don't know) to become cross ways with the administration but still have Donna's support.

i really like all four of these. I've heard Tidwell can scour the kansas jucos like nobodys bidness...as well as every texas juco or high school. Harvey has a ton of experience, but i think she hasn't found the right job since her WNBA gig went away. she apparently won a lot at texas A&M before that program took a nosedive in the pre-Gary Blair years. i think she was with Blair years ago at another school.

Tell you what, Capps must have some nards to walk away from a D-I job like that and not take any crap from the AD. Maybe it sounds like trouble, but she really connected with players at UTA and made them better, apparently. Don't know much about Gerlich, but WTAM is pretty good, and anyone who played with Swoopes the year Tech won it all must know something. Hell, can't argue with Marsha Sharp as a mentor.

Tell you what, Capps must have some nards to walk away from a D-I job like that and not take any crap from the AD. Maybe it sounds like trouble, but she really connected with players at UTA and made them better, apparently.

It wasn't crap. The University isn't insane enough to give one of its most successful, popular coaches "crap." Trust me.

It wasn't crap. The University isn't insane enough to give one of its most successful, popular coaches "crap." Trust me.

Well, to her it was crap, or she wouldn't have quit. Whatever UTA intended, it came out the wrong way to her. They still got a good replacement with the old Mansfield coach.