Nt Athletic Site Article Link On Mens Bb Loss To W. Ky

OldTimer

http://www.meangreensports.com/ViewArticle...;ATCLID=1409029

Got beat in the paint...and outside shooting. Howerton scores 10 pts...his season best..regardless of this loss considering the injuries, the flu, NT had their 2nd straight 20 win season....proud of our players.

Game underscores the need for a couple of JC BIG men and another GOOD point guard for next years squad.

Tough loss..........we were all hoping to win atleast two out of the three against the Hilltoppers in SBC tournament play.

Quarters: Women lose to #1 seed WKU 61-53

Quarters: Men lose to #3 seed WKU 84-70

Semi-final: Women soccer beats #1 seed WKU 3-1

Hey there is always next year to show those Hilltopppers whose #1.

I'm really proud of our seniors as I said in the other thread. This season had high hopes from alot of us, and though we may not have reached many of them - we did have a good season. Especially by our recent past. If JJ keeps this train rolling we're gonna have even more fun in the years to come.

I wish the AD had the $$$ to send its own photog to the tourney to take photos. I think they used a photo from the FIU game?

"But....If we raised the athletics fee to where it needs to be it would be too much money!"

I hope that statement doesn't make sense to anyone on this board. I can guarantee that I didn't agree with it when it was said. Raising the athletics fee would instantly enable North Texas to participate on the same financial level as many of the BCS colleges.

Build the best possible facilities.

Hire and retain the best available coaches.

F#*@ the photographer crap! North Texas should do like Western Kentucky and form their own television package and insure that EVERY game is televised in their market. THAT is how you gain a following and THAT is how you get recruits! THAT is exactly what North Texas needs to do for Football and Basketball.

"But that's so expensive" and "How could we ever afford that?" Please refer back to the original statement.

I can never figure why North Texas decides to limit itself to the same level as the Southland schools that it's trying to distance itself from. Keep thinking small and the results and the perception can never change.

"We're not competing with the Texas States of the world." True, and we won't be for long if we don't get a real commitment made.

FIX THE DAMN PROBLEM AND THE SYMPTOMS GO AWAY.