Story On Jason Ball

GreenBat

Football: Ex-UNT kicker having a ball in AFL

11:55 PM CDT on Friday, June 29, 2007

By Brett Vito / Staff Writer

Jason Ball was watching television a few years ago, when the drive that sparked his standout career as a kicker at Denton and North Texas started to boil again.

With each kick that went wide, and each kickoff that came up short, Ball thought more and more that -- after three years away from the game -- there was nothing the NFL kickers he saw could do that he couldn't if he decided to pursue football professionally.

"I was watching an NFL game on Sunday and saw some kickoffs that only went to the 15-yard line," Ball said. "I decided then that I wanted to try to kick again."

More

Saw the article...saw the playoff game today on ESPN. Unfortunately, Jason did not have his best day...but, the Colorado Crush won, so Jason will get to kick again in the playoffs this year. I hope it's at a time when we might could get a group together for a "Jason watching party" at one of the local watering holes here in Denton. Might be fun...what say you????

Missed three PK's, but made enough to make the margin of victory hold up. I think one of the three was a poor snap that threw his timing off...not sure about the other two...and, he hit the sound/video system above mid-field that will not make him happy. This is one great kid, and he is an excellent kicker. My wife and I went to Denver this year earlier in the season to see him play. Great time, good win for the Crush. This kid deserves a shot at kicking at a higher level...can you say an NFL tryout? I think he has earned at least a tryout. Some team out there needs to give him a call....

Good luck next week, Jason...we'll be watching! :D