Alamo Bowl - UN & UM fans bashing SBC refs..

Got5onIt

I was in San Antonio this weekend and while at the river walk the day after the Bowl game I heard some Nebraska and Michigan fans bashing the SBC refs. One of them said the refs were not used to the speed and athletes thus the horrible officiating. They all seemed to agree. dry.gif

dry.gif

That appears to be the consensus among broadcasters and people at the game. While I would like to disagree, I think there is come validity to it. No one ever said we are on the level of the Nebraskas and Michigans when it comes to our recruits (except for the occassional "exception").

I was in San Antonio this weekend and while at the river walk the day after the Bowl game I heard some Nebraska and Michigan fans bashing the SBC refs. One of them said the refs were not used to the speed and athletes thus the horrible officiating. They all seemed to agree.  dry.gif

dry.gif

That appears to be the consensus among broadcasters and people at the game.  While I would like to disagree, I think there is come validity to it.  No one ever said we are on the level of the Nebraskas and Michigans when it comes to our recruits (except for the occassional "exception").

Well, the broadcasters and people at the game are idiots. Speed of the game my arse. Didn't Jamario run for 200+ against Colorado in 2004? You don't do that without speed. Didn't Cobbs lead the nation in rushing in 2003? Again, you don't do that without speed. Plain and simple, the refs called a bad game.

Someone mentioned in another thread about other games where the refs have had a bad night that all had BcS conference officials, and the speed of the game was never called into question. Examples:

The Stanford/Cal came when the band was all over the field, no penalties.

Orange Bowl with Colorado/Notre Dame where an extra down was given to Colorado.

UT/NT: so-called winning catch where the receiver was three yards out of the endzone.