Where UNT's Recruiting Classes Rank

LongJim

Just as food for thought...An idea of where UNT fell in recruiting for the year 2004, according to Rivals.com.

I took some teams at random, based on teams UNT has played recently, or will play. blink.gif

(Jamario's class, btw.)

Unless noted, all other recruits in totals are 2-star athletes, according to Rivals.

Texas--#10 Nationally

20 commits. One 5-star recruit. Nine 4-star. Eight 3-star. Average of 3.5.

Kansas State--#18

26 commits. Five 4-star recruits. 11 3-star recruits. Average of 2.81.

Tulsa--#67

26 commits. Five 3-star recruits. Average of 2.19.

UNT--#72

18 commits. Two 3-star recruits. Average of 2.11.

MUTS--#82

30 commits. 1 4-star, three 3-stars. Average of 2.17.

Baylor--#87

20 commits. 1 3-star. Average of 2.05.

thanks for the info on TU and i don't mean tulsa (sarcasm)

You're welcome. tongue.gif

A pretty limited list, and with only one year, but it gives a very small indication of where UNT's at vs. other schools that we're playing, and the talent level of the players facing each other.

Maybe also helps w/expectations regarding how we should compete in a game against those teams--especially when 2-3 years are factored in.

Not sure where the class of '99 ranked on rivals but they were by far the top group we have had to date in my oppinion.

Rick

The Roy Bishop class had around 8 Texas state top 100's and 1 or 2 Oklahoma Fab 55 recruits that would have probably been Tx top 100's if they had played their HS football in the Lone Star State. I really do love our Oklahoma state connnection and only hopes it gets even stronger.

Yet, it was the Roy Bishop class that took Mean Green football to new heights which has given our program such momentum as we have now started a 200 acre Mean Green Athletic Village. I really believe we had a good recruiting class this year; but even as UT coach Mack Brown would probably even tell us, you'll know more about that in 4 or 5 years. rolleyes.gif

This NT team had some last minute academic casualties a few weeks that we could not afford to lose (especially the defensive lineman). He was going to be our next Booger Kennedy according to some of you and now we don't have him this Fall. I'd say that we sure needed him because we really do have a bunch of newbies on our NT defense, but lets just have fun watching them develop because in all reality, that is the only option we have as fans.

Lets remember that this program was way down before and made it to a level as to where we beat the CUSA co-champion (and Cincy' beat a very good TCU team that same season); so we did something right back in that day and we will do so again (and you all know I am saying something that you already know).

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen