If Randy Moss had done this...

http://sports.espn.go.com/golf/pgachampion...LL214=400000000

Tiger left the tournament early when there was sill a chance he would get into a playoff, yet this is the first I've heard about it. Someone like Randy Moss leaves the field early and sports writers and fans across the nation go berserk.

exactly, Mike and Mike on ESPN Radio were talking about this topic this morning, and alot of the e-mail they got were defending Tiger Woods. But yet when Randy Moss does the same time of thing, everyone is up in arms.

Guest JohnDenver

I agree. Apples and oranges. Nobody is depending on Tiger .. it isn't a team sport. Nor is it really a fan sport. There aren't 80k people who paid $100 to be there to see the game. I don't see it as a big deal. Nor would I see it was a big deal for a bowler to not finish the 10th frame. I wouldn't care if a pool player didn't finish. I would find it pretty crappy for one volleyball player to walk out though...

Edited by JohnDenver

Guest e-bone

Tiger was done and off the course, he finished his round, Randy Moss walked out on his team before the game was over.

Tiger never expected the 12 guys on the course to almost choke the tournament to him. This like comparing apples to oranges. dry.gif

12? Only 3 players needed to make a bogey for Tiger to be in the playoff in a major championship. I know it's heresy to question Tiger Woods, but to me that showed disrespect for golf, the "gentleman's game". That action showed that Woods thinks he is above the game, which is something that guys like Moss, Iverson, and others are blasted for continuously.

And unless Randy Moss was supposed to be on the onside recover team, then no one was depending on him. Does that mean he should he have walked off the field? No, of course not. But you can't attack Moss for leaving with 2 seconds on the clock and not Tiger for leaving when there was a chance he would be playing in a playoff for a major golf championship.

Guest JohnDenver

The difference is this.. if for some reason those three people did f up and not make the cut and Tiger was given the playoff spot, then Tiger would be the ONLY one to pay for his gamble not paying off.

If Moss, on the other hand, was in the locker room already dressed in street clothes and on his way to the car when his team recovered the ball and were trying to win the game ... well ... his not being in the line-up affects the whole team and the whole team's season.

12? Only 3 players needed to make a bogey for Tiger to be in the playoff in a major championship. I know it's heresy to question Tiger Woods, but to me that showed disrespect for golf, the "gentleman's game". That action showed that Woods thinks he is above the game, which is something that guys like Moss, Iverson, and others are blasted for continuously.

Or maybe it shows how much respect he has for the players that are ahead of him? wink.gif

Edited by MootPoint