Justin Barnett question

To me, Justin Barnett is an average shooter at best. His high percentage came from carefully selected shots. I've seen him pass off when he had a decent look, presumably because he didn't think that he could make it. Since he is 6'11", many of his baskets came from offensive rebounds, a very high percentage shot.

With the numerous foot problems that he has had, I think that there has been a reluctance to design many plays to get him the ball, so the opportunities just haven't been there.

Not to mention when the injury is broken bones in your shooting hand. Even though a player is cleared to come back and play in games doesn't mean he's 100%. These guys shoot 100's of time a day in practice, but when a cast comes off there is muscle atrophy and weakness to get over, not to mention soreness and pain from the injury. It take some time to get your timing, rhythm, strength and touch back. So, it's probably best he didn't come back & start firing up shots immediatly.

GrayEagle, you make it sound like a bad thing that he got baskets off of offensive rebounds?

I'm sure that playing a season with a knee injury and the hand injury also had something to do with the "selective shots" taken. You've already discussed the hand, but a knee injury, even if it isn't major, can throw off your balance and affect basically everything you do. I wouldn't want to have to wear that huge brace for a whole season.

Again, the word selective sounds like a bad word when you guys say it. I think some of the guys on the team maybe should have been a little more selective?

Bout time someone else started saying something about "selective" being bad...Good post MGT.... you are right..... If HALF the "open" looks taken this year would have been passed up...for a better shot...or had the team been more selective (did I just curse?) then we would have won some of those close ballgames.... it makes no damn sense to me why we were resorting to jacking the three consistantly when we were down by two with multiple minutes left in half those games....

The team has potential...especially with KD coming in next year and I am still behind Johnny...but discipline and patience....teach and win...

EDITED

Edited by UNT_92_Fan