We Tied A&M... in the second half

Reb UT '70

First our girls are more concerned with Sunday's game. This was a "don't get hurt game." It was nice to see a crowd of almost 2000 people, but our girls are used that sort of noisy arenas. They came out tentative, lost a bad call on a trap and were down 1-0 in less than 4 minutes. They also took too long to adjust to the very large A&M field. However, when our starters and theirs came out in the second half we hung two goals on them, but allowed them to score twice.

The main thing that I saw was a higher level of play. Our girls could play there, but it took time to adjust to their speed and aggressive play. We got beat, but we weren't trashed. I'd like to see them play us on our field. We both beat Baylor by the same margin. If we can play with the intensity that we showed in the second half we could hand with them. I was impressed.

I hope to see some of y'all at the game tomorrow. It'll be the only game I can make, but I'm looking forward to it.

One of the regulars here would never mention it, but his daughter Jen Smith was one of the reasons we tied A&M during the second half last night. She totally dominated the middle of the field and pretty much controlled the game. Like my daughter, she's a senior and it will be a bittersweat moment Sunday when I watch them play for the last time. It has been a great four years here at North Texas. I've come to love and admire the school. I'm quite proud that my daughter decided to come here.