Benford Press Conference

Mean Green 93-98

gallery_1_88_100110.jpg

Here's the archived press conference: http://www.meangreensports.com/mediaPortal/player.dbml?&db_oem_id=1800&id=873276&DB_MENU_ID=&SPSID=&SPID=&DB_OEM_ID=1800

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

I don't have headphones with me at work, so I couldn't listen, just watch. I'll have to listen to it tonight. What I can say is, now that they've panned back, I've never seen that many people at an NT Athletics press conference before. Can't wait until next week...

• Upvote 2

says something about him as a recruiter when area AAU coaches and High School coaches came to his press conference.

I was thinking the same thing. This guy comes with a built in metroplex recruiting network already in place. Win this year and we could see this program take off quickly. Hard not to be excited.

• Upvote 1

GROUND CONTROL...WE HAVE LIFT OFF! That was a great press conference...loved that he will be building this team around local players...hopefully, we'll no longer here that "local players don't want to play at UNT stuff any longer. HS coaches and past teammates in the room for the press conference. Guy showed a lot of poise and was brimming with excitement from what i could tell. Had to watch on the Mean Green Sports site in lieu of being present, but I think we have a home run in Tony Benford. just something about that guy and they way he said what he said that makes me think UNT is "good to go"! Yes, we all know the proof is in what happens on the court, but for DAY ONE I give it an A+.

Loved the fact that the first thing he did when he got to town was to meet with the players...what, about 9:30PM last night i think he said....great idea...and he said it was his idea. Good to see President Rawlins on site as well....

OK, let's get it on...Good things are happening at UNT these days...NEXT UP...announcement that UNT is joining the new CUSA Conference....

WELCOME COACH BENFORD.

Thank you RV and thank you President Rawlins....some great new HC hires going on at UNT these days....

• Upvote 1

says something about him as a recruiter when area AAU coaches and High School coaches came to his press conference.

This, love to hear things like this. Talent is king. He has a lot of ships to work with for 2013, so let's see what he can do.

• Upvote 1

i think he said more than he was supposed to when talking about conference realignment. he didn't say much in the conference to wow me, but i liked the fact that there were aau coaches and high school coaches that he's friends with that attended. now he just needs to use those connections to get us a 4 and a 5.

• Upvote 1

I'll breathe a little easier when I wake up Monday morning and nothing has changed with Tony.

And, quite frankly, there's nothing anyone can say to me on the internet that will assure me before then.

what if there was a tweet from someone who had a locker next to tony's in middle school?

• Upvote 3

GROUND CONTROL...WE HAVE LIFT OFF! That was a great press conference...loved that he will be building this team around local players...hopefully, we'll no longer here that "local players don't want to play at UNT stuff any longer. HS coaches and past teammates in the room for the press conference. Guy showed a lot of poise and was brimming with excitement from what i could tell. Had to watch on the Mean Green Sports site in lieu of being present, but I think we have a home run in Tony Benford. just something about that guy and they way he said what he said that makes me think UNT is "good to go"! Yes, we all know the proof is in what happens on the court, but for DAY ONE I give it an A+.

Loved the fact that the first thing he did when he got to town was to meet with the players...what, about 9:30PM last night i think he said....great idea...and he said it was his idea. Good to see President Rawlins on site as well....

OK, let's get it on...Good things are happening at UNT these days...NEXT UP...announcement that UNT is joining the new CUSA Conference....

WELCOME COACH BENFORD.

Thank you RV and thank you President Rawlins....some great new HC hires going on at UNT these days....

When have we ever heard local guys don't want to play here?

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1