C-USA Replay

SouthBendGreen

So since I can't get enough Mean Green football I watched the C-USA Replay on FSSW. It's amazing how when the plays are edited so tightly together it gives you a different feel for the game. Really fascinating. My two main takeaways:

1. That defense was suffocating. It seemed like 4 out of 5 plays our guys were on top of Tulsa. Our team is full of such amazing tacklers it is unreal. And I am so impressed with how far Kenny Buyers has come. That dude reads plays so well and breaks on the ball and we all know how good of a tackler he is. Laramie Lee can flat out play. Hit, cover, read. He could be an NFL Safety despite his size. And I know Zach is the leader and amazing, but I am will be just as sad to see Will Wright graduate. He is simply fantastic in getting to the ball and making plays. And finally, why does anyone try to go outside on that defense?

2. The O-line if full of beasts. I know, this is no surprise, but wow they are athletic and physical.

I know my two points aren't earth shattering or new revelations. But watch that C-USA replay and tell me you don't have a different perspective. Now granted I was unable to watch the UTSA game, but something tells me that if NT played that way against the RR we would have won by 2 TD's. I know UTSA is better than Tulsa, but that team looked nearly unbeatable.

• Upvote 2

I agree with you, SouthBendGreen. We were playing Tulsa with our hair on fire. I have watched the game 4 times already. And here are a few of more points to add to your observations.

1. Special Teams play was outstanding. They really got the momentum rolling for us. The 1st blocked punt gave us good field position which we converted into our first touchdown of the game. And the 2nd blocked punt turned into an instant touchdown that put us up 14-10. That TD knocked the wind out of Tulsa and kicked us into another gear..

2. The offense was as equally fun to watch as the defense. The O-line, the running backs, the tight-ends, the receivers, and Thompson were all working together and making plays. Even McNulty threw a halfway decent block for a qb on Jimmerson's second TD run. And another thing that is obvious when watching the game over and over is that Smith, Byrd and Thompson may not be the flashiest players, however they can get the job done. And they did just that this season.

3. The Mean Green fan noise was incredible. One can clearly hear our fans chanting, singing, and yelling in the background. And that, my friend, is simply awesome. Hearing cheers for UNT and the Mean Green as we play in another school's stadium is priceless.

• Upvote 3