Bowen Saga

bdan2002

So I am trying to put some pieces together.

Bowen has officially left WKU, but we are sure for UNT or IU. He was making $75,000 at WKU and sources have said he was going to get a significant increase by coming to UNT. Apparently, WKU offered to boost his salary from $75,000 to $120,000 and he declined. Last year the DC at UNT was making $105,000 and the DC at IU was making $155,000. It looks like IU's total Asst. salaries were about $1.2 million. The new coach, Kevin Wilson, was given $2 million to fill his staff - and that money included coordinators. As of today, Wilson has stated "There is no job at this time in line or promised to a person," Wilson said. "Nothing has been offered; nothing has been truly talked about. I'm trying to sort some things out. We have some important hires in front of us the next few weeks."

So unless Bowen is hoping to get on the IU staff, it looks to me, like nothing has been promised to him or anyone yet. Looks like UNT is really stepping up its game to get high quality assistants. It was mentioned to me that there might have been a donor or two that stepped up to make these salary increases possible. If I had to guess, I would say that Bowen and Canales are in the $175,000 range and most of the other coaches. Also Riddle was making about $195,000 at CU.

Thoughts?

Edited by bdan2002

So I am trying to put some pieces together.

Bowen has officially left WKU, but we are sure for UNT or IU. He was making $75,000 at WKU and sources have said he was going to get a significant increase by coming to UNT. Apparently, WKU offered to boost his salary from $75,000 to $120,000 and he declined. Last year the DC at UNT was making $105,000 and the DC at IU was making $155,000. It looks like IU's total Asst. salaries were about $1.2 million. The new coach, Kevin Wilson, was given $2 million to fill his staff - and that money included coordinators. As of today, Wilson has stated "There is no job at this time in line or promised to a person," Wilson said. "Nothing has been offered; nothing has been truly talked about. I'm trying to sort some things out. We have some important hires in front of us the next few weeks."

So unless Bowen is hoping to get on the IU staff, it looks to me, like nothing has been promised to him or anyone yet. Looks like UNT is really stepping up its game to get high quality assistants. It was mentioned to me that there might have been a donor or two that stepped up to make these salary increases possible. If I had to guess, I would say that Bowen and Canales are in the $175,000 range and most of the other coaches. Also Riddle was making about $195,000 at CU.

Thoughts?

I visited one of the IU fan boards and there was no mention of Bowen at all. Interestingly, in recent posts, they did think they were opening our new stadium next season and had nice things to say about it. One poster hoped we didn't embarrass them!