Has Anybody Else Seen The New Format For The Conf. Tourney ?

calvin

I dont agree with it all. If I go I want to see all the men's games. And on Sunday the 2 men's quarterfinal games will practically be going on at the same time but in different arena's. One game will start at 6:30 in Summit and one will start at 6:45 in the Convention Center. What i always liked about tournaments is you could see the match-ups develop. The 2 teams that would play each other in the semi-final would be playing at the same time. Also to me this would affect attendance for each of those games. I think it was just fine how they had it. And i liked having the play in game. . And then the girls on Saturday and boys on Sunday. Why mess up a good thing?

• Upvote 1

I would have liked for the entire men's tourney to be at Summit Arena and have the first 2 rounds of the women's tourney at the Convention Center Arena, but that's just me. I don't think they wanted to show any favoritism and this way, you won't have one school's men's and women's team playing at the same time (except for the possibility at the 2:30 time slot on Saturday). One ticket will get you in to both games, and you'll be able to walk back and forth whenever you want.

I do like have all of the teams going to Hot Springs though. I think it will make overall attendance better.