Stadium T-shirt Idea

UNTflyer

Honestly...I think that is the worst UNT shirt I have seen in a very very long time...and I have seen quite a few ugly/dump ones.

If you are serious about getting these shirts out there I would consider revamping the design so they don't look like a 5th grade arts and crafts project. However...I do love the humor of the front.

With the right design, I would throw in some money. The RIP one is pretty good but it doesn't tie in the new stadium. There needs to be a "Vote YES for the new stadium" on it above or below the grave. I am going to guess that you could get 5,000 of those done with your grand plus money from this board. If you can get the shirts done for $4 or $5 bucks each, and use your grand - then you get 100 people on this board to chip in $100 bucks each and you have 2500 shirts. I would pay $100 bucks to see 2500 students packed into the student section wearing that shirt. So you have 1. Do we have 99 more?

Well, unfortunately this idea is a bust.

I was told today that since this would be a student referendum, we are limited to a maximum of $1000 that we can spend on marketing it.

Well why don't we (an independant 3rd party) just make them for sale and the "student referendum group" can do a bulk buy of $1000 (over 200 shirts for sure) from the seller to give away?

Edited by mdh0192

I think any effort taken by any party to promote a referendum makes them subject to the $1000 limit. Even if you are a party outside the school and you spend $20,000 to buy t-shirts promoting the referendum one way or another.

So you think a group of alumns that go out and purchase a bunch of shirts with a "vote for the stadium" passed out to students is subject to a $1000 limit? If that is the case, they need to change some rules up there. There is no way they could patrol that.

So you think a group of alumns that go out and purchase a bunch of shirts with a "vote for the stadium" passed out to students is subject to a $1000 limit? If that is the case, they need to change some rules up there. There is no way they could patrol that.

Yes, well... the rules can be interpreted that way. And the Student Supreme Court is 3 people. All it takes is two of them with an axe to grind to look at it that way.

Yes, well... the rules can be interpreted that way. And the Student Supreme Court is 3 people. All it takes is two of them with an axe to grind to look at it that way.

so what would they do, just axe the vote? I don't see how they can patrol that. I'm not saying we should do it, but if they can do that, it just shows you how little people want this University to move forward.

Edited by GoMeanGreen1999