Gladiator Helmet

GreenAlums

The Schutt Ion4D is of this same concept with the facemask actually being a part of the helmet instead of a separate piece. Needless to say I think the Ion4D is going to see more success especially since it is already being used by teams such as the NY Giants, Penn State, Auburn, and Air Force to name a few. Here is a link.

Schutt Ion 4D

I've been wondering what that helmet was called. I think the Ion4D is more likely to be accepted than that ridiculous Gladiator style.

No one thought the "New" plastic helments that replaced leather looked "good" either...as I recall, facemasks were not thought to be "cool" at first either...like the helment in ice hockey...took awhile for the players and fans to warm up to that...hey, even some of the rodeo folks are wearing helments these days...not pretty ones either! So, what am I saying....well, if this helment gets going, folks will just come to see it as the "normal" football helment and all will be well again! Change is really tough for some folks...and sports fans are the most "traditional" they come...hey...

what would happen if all the NASCAR guys learned to turn right instead of left????????? :lol:

I keep hoping the Busch brothers will try that!