Mean Green Villiage Continues With Construction

MeanGreen61

Mean Green Village Continues With Construction Projects

Courtesy: University of North Texas

Release: 10/28/2005

user posted image

New Soccer Field

DENTON (10/28/05) - The North Texas Softball and Golf Facility and the Mean Green Office Complex and Gymnasium are nearing completion as a range of construction projects continue at the Mean Green Athletic Village.

The Mean Green Athletic Village continues to be a flurry of activity as a range of projects are finishing and starting construction. The Mean Green Office Complex and Gymnasium, which will house a majority of the coaches and locker rooms, is close to completion. Carpets have been laid down and doors have been installed in the meeting rooms and coaching offices. The next step is to finish carpeting the locker rooms and bring in office furniture. The plan is for the coaches to move into their new offices in the next few weeks.

The Mean Green Softball and Golf Facility is also close to completion. Carpeting has been laid down and so has the turf for the indoor driving range, putting area and batting cages. The two indoor driving ranges and batting cages are awaiting netting. The softball coaches will move into this building during the next month. Bleachers should be arriving at the future home of the Mean Green Softball Complex, and groundwork is being done on the practice field for the softball team.

The North Texas soccer team practiced on its new field, located on Bonnie Brae, for the first time this past week. The Mean Green will have a new field and locker room ready for the 2006 season.

Construction continues on the Waranch Tennis Pavilion, and it is expected to be completed by the end of November. The clubhouse is close to completion, and currently the courts are being painted.

The tennis complex is located on S. Bonnie Brae at the entrance to Victory Hall. This $3 million facility is named for University of North Texas alumnus Ronald Waranch. The Waranch Tennis Pavilion has already been chosen as the host site for the 2007 Sun Belt Conference Tennis Championship.

The North Texas track, located at Fouts Field, was resurfaced and will get striped in the next few days. The resurfacing should make the track more even-surfaced and add some buoyancy.

Click here to view photos

http://www.meangreensports.com/PhotoAlbum....800&PALBID=2422

Now lets get Fry Field going!!!!!

They're also adding new light polls all over fouts field in the parking lot. I guess tail gaiting will be alot safer at night now tongue.gif

I don't really understand all the upgrades with fouts field. The cleaning up the stadium and new turf for the national televised game against troy i get, but if we're fixing to build a new stadium why are we spending lots of money on fixing it up still?

Mean'n'Green07,  I believe that the reason we are fixing up Fouts is because once we have a new stadium for football, track is going to take over Fouts.

No matter how long we have Fouts Field as home of our football team, we still have a varsity track and field program we have to maintain and they need a functional track in order to do that, thus the reason for the expenditures on our track @ Fouts Field.

I believe its been stated before that once we move the rest of our football program (since the football offices and players are already there) across the interstate to Eagle Point Campus, the plans are actually to demolish Fouts Field.

Although, TxDOT doesn't need their highway frontage property near the press box side of Fouts as quickly as was previous thought, nevertheless, they still do need it no matter their time-table.

NT needs the new football stadium if it serious about finishing out what we have already begun at the Mean Green Athletic Village (and I think we are serious about that) and in spite of the usual few Doubting Thomases, I really do think NT officials are really serious about finishing out what they've already begun.

In fact and FWIW, I'd say several NT official's personal reputations and one particular DFW university's reputations are all on the line if this new stadium is not begun and finished in due time; plus the advancement of Mean Green football at the level all on this board seem to aspire to want it to be would also be jeopardized if we don't pull a, uh, Troy U blink.gif and............JUST DO IT.

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen