North Texas beats Pittsburgh State 70-0

ArkansasEagle

I don't know which is worse - that they called us the North Texas Eagles (I know that's technically what we are but we try to use Mean Green in there) or that we played the Pittsburgh State Gorillas.

Definitely Gorillas, definately definately Gorillas.

Edited by untgirl04

I, for one, am very concerned that we cannot keep any traditions. Yes, we are the Eagles. We always have been. Yes, we are Mean Green, and have been since the late 60's. Can we not be Mean, Green and Eagles, too? Also...if we are going to change the school colors without asking anyone's opinion, why not just change the alma mater and the fight song, too. After all, aside from the school colors and mascot, what else is left that we can change? No one seems to care whether we keep any traditions. Yes...kelly green was the original color, but the color the university is using now is not kelly green. It is a softer, more feminine shade of green. Certainly not mean. What was wrong with the hunter green from last year?

I, for one, am very concerned that we cannot keep any traditions. Yes, we are the Eagles. We always have been. Yes, we are Mean Green, and have been since the late 60's. Can we not be Mean, Green and Eagles, too? Also...if we are going to change the school colors without asking anyone's opinion, why not just change the alma mater and the fight song, too. After all, aside from the school colors and mascot, what else is left that we can change? No one seems to care whether we keep any traditions. Yes...kelly green was the original color, but the color the university is using now is not kelly green. It is a softer, more feminine shade of green. Certainly not mean. What was wrong with the hunter green from last year?

The hunter green was deemed too dark (mostly for TV purposes). The lighter green does show up better, as judged by looking over at the student side at Fouts this season. The Eagle is still with us as noted on the official logo, swooping eagle and eagle-head. We do have many traditions I've known since the 70's: cannon, bell, old Model T, "Fly Like an Eagle", late arriving crowd to Fouts, same fight song sans U of NT, Scrappy, playing Top 25 OOC games, wanting a new stadium, wanting a better conference, hating Smuu, etc...