Ed McMahon Lived At NT, ie, Chilton Hall

While Ed McMahon was in the military, he actually stayed at what many of us used to call the Chilton Hilton which was a dorm at one time.

I hope that some of you older UNT alums who know the story will eleborate on this as we celebrate the life of Johnny Carson.

I am watching Larry King right now who has a special on Johnny.

Man, Carson was the master at the late night game. Anybody ever see the clip where a lady was collecting old potato chips that looked like different things (Yogi bear was one of them). The lady, who was very proud of her collection, turned her head .............about this time Johnny pulls out his own stache of chips and crunches one very loudly. The lady about lost it, and so did I from lauging.

Like SUMG told me yesterday, it was sort of a "coming of age" when your folks allowed you (as a very young teen) stay up to wach Carson's monologue on a school night.

I watched his last show and teared up like the rest of you I'm sure.

Still waiting for one of our older alums to tell us if they knew Ed McMahon when he briefly lived on the NT campus at Chilton Hall, ie, the Chilton Hilton. I believe that was during WWII or the Korean War. Yes, Chilton was once a dorm.