YOU gotta keep YOUR composure!

SSP

Sorry, but if you expect this board to continue to take you seriously you are going to have to post a picture so we know you are who you say you are.

I suggest a bikini so we know you aren't trying to hide behind a fake screen name.

man-bikini-5.jpg

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Sorry, but if you expect this board to continue to take you seriously you are going to have to post a picture so we know you are who you say you are.

I suggest a bikini so we know you aren't trying to hide behind a fake screen name.

0.jpg

Ok, now I can see the family resemblance. She's legit.

I'm finding it difficult to find any humor in this photograph, especially on our school's sports forum, ie, GMG.com. Some of you have already insulted a newbie female poster as if she had no right to express her own opinions so the isolation and demonization of her began from some of you truly class acts. And this pic really puts the icing on the cake on the thread that she began. I'm sure a few 8'th graders would find it funny, though, right there along with some of their public farts.

I'd wager that all the Texas HS potential recruits who might consider North Texas and who we understand from parents regularly read GMG.com are most impressed, too. Whats next for this forum....photos of bestiality? I guess that would get a big belly laugh, too, from some and especially from the soul'less part of a particular generation in this country who are doing their damndest to lose our republic while they'll laugh at that, too......on their way to a soup line.

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 5

I'm finding it difficult to find any humor in this photograph, especially on our school's sports forum, ie, GMG.com. Some of you have already insulted a newbie female poster as if she had no right to express her own opinions so the isolation and demonization of her began from some of you truly class acts. And this pic really puts the icing on the cake on the thread that she began. I'm sure a few 8'th graders would find it funny, though, right there along with some of their public farts.

I'd wager that all the Texas HS potential recruits who might consider North Texas and who we understand from parents regularly read GMG.com are most impressed, too. Whats next for this forum....photos of bestiality? I guess that would get a big belly laugh, too, from some and especially from the soul'less part of a particular generation in this country who are doing their damndest to lose our republic while they'll laugh at that, too......on their way to a soup line.

I guess we are going for 10 pages.

I couldn't agree with you more, however I posted that picture as a sarcastic gesture that seemingly frequents this forum. It was probably 6 times that I had someone make a snide remark. ANd yes.. the fact that they find it so funny is kind of amusing. But, I can't say that I really didn't expect it. It was my mistake to assume that leaving this thread open with my real name and photo wouldn't provoke a few cave men. (Hence, the name and photo change.) I could really care less.

Unless we are in the market to recruit female football players, I think its safe to say that our school won't be judged to harshly on a few mouth breathers. It's all good. ;)

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

My wife, like many other women, do not seem to understand the sports-crazed world that most men live in. When they try and cross over into a male-domininated forum to have a legitimate conversation, it seems like every thread seems to take a turn for the worst. It would be nice, just once, to see a woman be able to enter a forum without being the center of attention immediately, just because they possess the "other" thing that men desire (in addition to sports).

I know that some women may like the extra attention. But, it would be nice if they could be given some extra space first to make an impression, before things take a turn away from the sports topic in question. If they were given some space initially, maybe there would be more women in these forums. Just a thought.

I don't want to be a downer and I realize that this type of thing occurs on every sports message board. Yet, it would be nice to see things change a bit. A lot of the witticisms, gentle badgering and other clever banter make this forum an interesting place to visit on a daily basis. But, what if new posters, especially women, where given a little space to breath before their sexuality is thrown in their face ? I personally know that some women with sports opinions avoid forums like this for the exact reasons that I mentioned.

Just a thought. I will probably take a hit for ruining the spirit of this thread. But, I felt a need to say this for all the sports-loving ladies like my wife, I wouldn't say this on most public forums. But, I feel that this forum is a more closely-knit community that most. Thanks.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Plumm, I think you may believe someone posted this to make fun of Ms. Schilleci. She however posted it herself and thus the point is moot.

Edited by Christopher Walker
  • Upvote 4