YOU gotta keep YOUR composure!

SSP

Sorry, but if you expect this board to continue to take you seriously you are going to have to post a picture so we know you are who you say you are.

I suggest a bikini so we know you aren't trying to hide behind a fake screen name.

man-bikini-5.jpg

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

See...I told everyone I thought I would like this Stephanie person...keep it up young lady. We do need more fans who find ways to see the glass as half-full instead of half-empty, and who try to keep all this "sports" stuff in a bit of perspective. Just know, that some will try their dead level best to beat you down and "convert" you to the dark side! Ha! Will probably even resort to name calling and personal attacks. Pay it no mind...hang in there...I am liking how you handle yourself. Press on! Just remember...I did warn you! :judge::goodjob:

Mark she does not need to judge us.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

This is a forum not a blog.

Second Really?

Third we lost in a pitiful way last Saturday, we had the game and then failed ourselves.

Fourth you have no idea about us, Did you ever hear of walking in the other persons boots? We have been told this is the winning year so many times its not funny. How much energy would you have left after 8 years of losing seasons in a row? In the last 18 years we have had 3 winning seasons. It will take winning, and a good amount of it to make a change.

5th We all wish the same as you, This may help "If ifs and buts were candy and nuts we'd all have a merry christmas."

6th We as fan-base are ready to win Saturday.

1- I was assuming that these particular grievances were aired on blogs among other things.

2- Umm.. yeah. I guess.

3- I don't remember disputing this.

4- I imagine that I would have just enough energy to air out how bad we suck and will always suck on a FORUM.

5 and 6- I certainly hope so.

Mark she does not need to judge us.

Oh.. PLEASE.... Too much.

What is that I keep reading?? Pot, meet Kettle???

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

This is what years of losing do.

This is what having the one bright spot (basketball) of the major sports destroyed right before your eyes while no one does one thing about it.

This is what having multiple "this is the year" promises end up in 2-10, 3-9, and 4-8 seasons.

Recruits don't need to read out board to see this, they just need to look at the standings. I hope this is the year, but I don't expect it. Even sadder, I don't expect UNT to do one thing even if we go 3-9.

Welcome to UNT athletics.

I really hope to see you on the board for years to come, but have the feeling that you will be like so many relatives (and even players) who are here for as long as their relatives play for our program, and then are back to rooting for UT or TA&M or even Baylor.

And that's fine.

But that's why your rah-rah stuff rings a bit hollow. If your still around in 6 years, please accept my apology on advance.

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

Since when does being realistic, lump you into being unrealistic (rainbows, sunshine, etc)??

Hahaha... Rage is a strong word. Cowboys fans across the state relate to this line of thinking. My point is- if this is the best and most invested of our fan base, we have more than just the problems that have been suggested thus far. Deep breaths.

This is what I have a problem with, here I am ready to say F off.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 2

Welcome to UNT athletics.

I really hope to see you on the board for years to come, but have the feeling that you will be like so many relatives (and even players) who are here for as long as their relatives play for our program, and then are back to rooting for UT or TA&M or even Baylor.

And that's fine.

But that's why your rah-rah stuff rings a bit hollow. If your still around in 6 years, please accept my apology on advance.

This is always my thought when I see family members of current players tell us how we need to be, think, act. Not that they are wrong or right. It is just that most have a temporary interest in the program and are gone as soon as their 'special player' is gone. It carries more weight-to me- when someone who has been posting on this board since the days of the Scottie debacle tells us a refreshing take on how better fandom is supposed to be. I don't say that in a way to discourage new posters or ideas.... I say that only in the sense of 'only a few know what it is really like' kinda thing.

• Upvote 2

First of all, Cougar King is two words not one. It's only one word on Coogfans, because two word names aren't allowed

Second, I'm pretty sure I have no trouble getting women, namely those in the 18-24 range, especially with a body like mine but that's another story for another time.

You can call me out when UNT is able to hang with UH on the football field.

Wow, someone got butthurt. Do you need some Preperation H?

As for the getting girls, Lennay Kukua doesn't count.

Gio Vizza and ol' Charlie Brown

Had friends and family tell us to calm down

Kin of the

Felt our fans had such nerve!

But like the others, has since just skipped town

I'm still glad that you're joining the chat

Family always gets the welcome mat

And if after five years

You're still one of our peers

Maybe then, your complaint won't fall flat.

Some of your best work yet TTG.

Rick

• Upvote 4

Someone new standing up to SilverEagle?!? Oh, this could get good!

9c6.gif

This would seem to imply that you think I'm some sort of intimidating presence on this board. If so, then (as we say in the south) bless your heart.

Since we were being lectured about perspective, I thought I would provide some of my own. So that SSP (welcome to the board BTW) could have a little insight as to why our level of frustration is so high, and our fuse is so short.

I agree with SSP however that our fan base can be pretty bi-polar. I owe her an Alien Ale for that one......... B)

Edited by SilverEagle
  • Upvote 1

SSP

I admire your energy and zeal. Keep it up.

I don't know who you know on the team, relative.....whatever. But there is one thing and one thing only that will stop all of this. And it's really quite simple.

Win.

That's it.

It's not customer service, parking, ticket mail out, communication from the AD, scheduling issues.....yada yada yada

It's win. Just win.

What I don't want is to get into another "those m'fers" situation like we've seen before.

The fans on this board are so hungry for winning we will (obviously) eat each other. new posters, old posters, it doesn't matter.

Just win

Win

Win

That's all anyone wants. Where the feathers get ruffled is when someone (perception or not) seems to question their loyalty, questions their attitude or where they're coming from. There has been BAD and I mean BAD football witnessed here the past 8-9 years. And yet.....here are these same posters here....why? Because they care. And they want this team to win so bad they can't stand it.

that's all they want.

You think they're riled up now? Wait until another teams fans come on here and start lobbing crap. It's the "I can give my brother a hard time but you can't" There is a lot of bottled up frustration on here because we love this damn school so much and we're tired of getting our teeth kicked in by.....everyone.

We want to win. And we want to win now.

I could say start winning and this group will get behind this team like you've never seen before but you know what? They already are behind this team. Everyone on here. And I hope the players, coaches, whoever in the AD's office know that.

• Upvote 7

SSP

I admire your energy and zeal. Keep it up.

I don't know who you know on the team, relative.....whatever. But there is one thing and one thing only that will stop all of this. And it's really quite simple.

Win.

That's it.

It's not customer service, parking, ticket mail out, communication from the AD, scheduling issues.....yada yada yada

It's win. Just win.

What I don't want is to get into another "those m'fers" situation like we've seen before.

The fans on this board are so hungry for winning we will (obviously) eat each other. new posters, old posters, it doesn't matter.

Just win

Win

Win

That's all anyone wants. Where the feathers get ruffled is when someone (perception or not) seems to question their loyalty, questions their attitude or where they're coming from. There has been BAD and I mean BAD football witnessed here the past 8-9 years. And yet.....here are these same posters here....why? Because they care. And they want this team to win so bad they can't stand it.

that's all they want.

You think they're riled up now? Wait until another teams fans come on here and start lobbing crap. It's the "I can give my brother a hard time but you can't" There is a lot of bottled up frustration on here because we love this damn school so much and we're tired of getting our teeth kicked in by.....everyone.

We want to win. And we want to win now.

I could say start winning and this group will get behind this team like you've never seen before but you know what? They already are behind this team. Everyone on here. And I hope the players, coaches, whoever in the AD's office know that.

Touche`.

• Upvote 3

Touche`.

Sorry, but if you expect this board to continue to take you seriously you are going to have to post a picture so we know you are who you say you are.

I suggest a bikini so we know you aren't trying to hide behind a fake screen name.

• Upvote 3

OMG, I hope my brother doesnt read this......

• Upvote 2

I think all this built up tension will start sorting itself out this year. From what I've seen, this is the best team we've put on the field in years. I don't know that they'll necessarily win 8 or 9 games b/c we are so inconsistent on offense and still make enough mistakes on special teams to cost us wins. But there is DEFINITELY more talented depth on this squad since possibly 2003-2004. These guys are right on the cusp of turning the corner.

For me, I just want to see some respectable football being played around here. We don't have to win every single game to make me happy. We don't spend the kind of money required to have expectations that high, in my opinion. What I'd like is to be able to look at every game and realistically think we have a good shot to win.

I love the fact that DMac has put an emphasis on winning at home. What some new posters may not get is that for those of us who have been around a while, home football games present an opportunity for us to come back and visit a place that we truly loved---and visit some of those same people we shared an important part of our lives with. We are LOYAL to the school because of the community of people that together define this place for us. We don't stick around so that we can keep taking beatings, like losing or wallowing in self pity. We stick around for something bigger than football. That said, it sucks when every trip up here ends in a loss. To lose nearly EVERY home game, like we did in DD's last couple of years and virtually 4 years under Dodge gets to be less and less fun. So THANK GOODNESS FOR DAN MCCARNEY! The team isn't perfect yet, but it's slowly getting there---and in the meantime, DMac busts his @ss trying to win for our home fans. I appreciate that.

• Upvote 4

Naw, real name is the way to go. Keeps you honest, respectable, and is a good prevent D on making an ass of yourself.

#JesseMartinStephaniePedigoChristopherWalker4lyfe

Everyone calls me Shep in real life... Add me to the list!

Edited by North Texas Shep
  • Upvote 2