GoMeanGreen.com

NT03
I know this is a off UNT Football topic , but it's the off season and finding a " HOT" topic can be hard to come by. The signing of the Vernon Lion's Williams brought back some memories for me. Vernon was a powerhouse in the late 80s and early 90s. They had a few memorable battles with the Southlake Carroll Dragons that I attended. While watching these games and a few others , I saw one of greatest High School Running Backs, Vernon's Derrick Richardson. I know he was recruited by all the big boys at the time , Notre Dame, Miami,Florida St., etc. Richardson lacked the SAT scores to get in. I believe he went on to a JUCO college , but I never heard anything else from him. I never got to see Cedric Benson in HS , so he might have gotten this vote if I had. So my vote goes to

Derrick Richardson 1989-90(?) Vernon Lions.

A few other greats I got to see in person , Skip Hicks , Burkburnett ( UCLA, Washington Redsins)
Tyson Thompson , Irving ( SJSU, Dallas Cowboys)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Please review our full Privacy Policy before using our site.