GoMeanGreen.com

Harry
Just wanted to make certain that everyone saw this announcement that came out a week or so ago about the 2011 MEAN GREEN CLUB COACHES CARAVAN. There will be 5 stops on the Caravan which will give Mean Green Club members an opportunity to hear from Mean Green Coaches including McCarney, Lama, Mitchell, Aston, Stracke, Murczek and Jones. There will be free food, beverages and fun for all.

Dates and places are as follows: (times for each are 6PM - 8pm)

TUESDAY, MAY 10th - DENTON - Holiday Inn Hotel and Suites (1434 Centre Place Dr.)

THURSDAY, MAY 12th - DALLAS - Hilton Dallas Lincoln Centre (5410 LBJ Freeway)

TUESDAY - MAY 17th - PLANO - Park Place Lexus (1025 Preston Rd)

WEDNESDAY - MAY 18th - FT. WORTH - Stockyards Hotel (109 E. Exchange Ave.)

THURSDAY - MAY 19th - GRAND PRAIRIE - Uptown Theater (120 E. main St.)

The event is free to all Mean Green Club members and guests, but registration is very much encouraged by emailing Jessica.Hulsebosch@unt.edu For additional info you can call 940-369-7284.

This will be a great opportunity to meet our new women's basketball coach (Karen Aston) and to talk with many other UNT coaches...not to mention getting to mix and mingle with other members of the great Mean Green Nation.

I am attending the Dallas event with a number of family and friends. I encourage everyone to try and make the events that are the most convenient for you to attend. Heck go to every single one of them if you can! We definately want to make a good showing and show them some Mean Green Love! If you live in Dallas please consider attending the Dallas event with me and comment on here so I can be on the lookout for you! GMG!

letsgiveacheer
While going through stuff in preparation of a move, I came across a mimeographed (remember that?) "cheer sheet" which must have come from either the 71 or 72 season.

Here they are:

1. Chewing gum, chewing gum
stick it on the wall...
Soft hard sticky gooey
Get that Ball!!!

2. Bricka Braka Firecracker
sis boom bah!
Bugs Bunny, Bugs Bunny
Rah Rah Rah!

3.Enchilada Guacamole
tortilla team...
Hot Sauce, Hot Sauce
Go Mean Bean!

and my favorite....

4. Football, Football
A very good game
But with NT...
It Ain't the Same!!!

I think times have changed.

Huff
Some of us old timers will argue that a man named John Savage should be on that list. John was from Detroit, Texas and played at North Texas from 1960-61 through 1963-64. In those days Freshmen were not eligible for varsity competition so he only got three years to compile his statistics. At that time the old Missouri Valley Conference was as good as any in the country. Cincinatti won two national championships and lost a third one in overtime during that period. John was a great player on some bad teams. One year he was selected as All Missouri Valley from a team that won only two games all season. John was selected as All - MVC for all three of the years that he played. It is hard to compare eras but he would have been outstanding in any era. I was sure glad that I got to see him play.

Harry
The installation will involve three “community-scale” wind turbines that are intended for use in small scale install. They are relatively quiet (50 decibels at 131 feet) and designed to function well in low-wind conditions, since the North Texas  region has a 12 MPH wind average. Each turbine is rated at 100 kilowatts and is expected to offset the energy consumption of the “Mean Green Village” section of campus by about  6 percent and eliminate 323 metric tons of carbon dioxide annually

http://www.earthtechling.com/2011/04/wind-power-a-new-texas-stadium-feature/

Harry
Don’t you love April? Shorts on a Wednesday, parka on a Friday. The forecast in Ames during Iowa State’s spring football game calls for highs in the 40s with a 30 percent chance of rain. Meanwhile, in Denton, Texas ...

“We’ve got sunny and 80,” Dan McCarney said, relishing every word. “And I love it. I really do.”

McCarney is 57 going on 25, back in the saddle, chortling like a kid with a new toy. His first spring game as the head football coach at North Texas is slated for Saturday down in Denton, shine or shine.

http://www.indystar.com/article/D2/20110414/SPORTS020602/110414058/Keeler-Dan-McCarney-happy-turn-over-new-leaf?odyssey=nav%7Chead

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Please review our full Privacy Policy before using our site.