GoMeanGreen.com

3XNTGRAD
I will be selecting my seats in less than two weeks. Before I do that, I really need the answer to this question. Where is the group of fans who like to stand for the entire game going to be? I applaud your dedication, but for my own reasons I prefer to sit in my seat, rather than stand in front of it (I do stand when it is prudent to do so based on the game situation). For that reason, I would really not want to be behind a group that stands the entire game. So, do you know what section/area you are aiming for?

I would personally like to be somewhere around the 40-45 yard line in the lower section (but near or at the top of the lowest section, which would duplicate the general area I had in Fouts - but with a much better view, of course!).

Thanks in advance.

El Paso Eagle
3 from the Belt –

North Texas - 7th SAN DIEGO REGION

Middle Tennessee - 8th SAN DIEGO REGION

Denver - 13th COLORADO REGION

Other Texas Schools

TCU – 7th COLORADO REGION
Texas – 2nd SAN DIEGO REGION
SMU – 10th SAN DIEGO REGION
Lamar – 12th VIRGINIA TECH REGION
Baylor – 7th FLORIDA REGION
Texas A&M – 1st ARIZONA REGION
Texas Tech – 3rd ARIZONA REGION
UTA – 12th ARIZONA REGION

Cooley
Wonder if 6-4 SG recruit Jordan Green would ask to be released from A&M. Committed very early to A&M but had second thoughts when Jordan Williams committed to the Mean Green. According to Green, he was seriously going to follow Williams to UNT but dad said no.

Kinda quiet around here so we have to have some fun speculating.

Mean Green Matt
These numbers are through softball, and should be correct unless the SBC decides to abruptly change the rules of the Bubas Cup:

Middle Tennessee - 112.5
North Texas - 92
Arkansas State - 87
Western Kentucky - 85.5
Florida International - 81
Denver - 80
Florida Atlantic - 71
Louisiana-Lafeyette - 70.5
South Alabama - 65
Troy - 57.5
Arkansas Little-Rock - 57
Louisiana-Monroe - 51

If North Texas can stay up 5 on ASU through outdoor track and field, and only lose a couple points to WKU, we should be able to hold on to second place even without a baseball team. Softball finishing in last place really hurts, and just finishing where they were picked to could have given us enough breathing room to basically clinch second.

Harry
Words like accountability, work ethic and mental and physical toughness should sound familiar to ULM players.

It's only a few attributes that head coach Todd Berry tried to bring out of his team when he returned to Monroe last year to take over the football program.

Now, another first-year head coach in the Sun Belt Conference is using the same lingo when he describes what he wants out of his team.

North Texas coach Dan McCarney arrived in Denton this past offseason after three years at the University of Florida to help resurrect a program that produced a 10-34 conference record in the past six seasons.

"I think we've got a long ways to go in the development of this team, but I see a team that is really hungry for those things," McCarney said. "I see a team that wants discipline, that wants respect, that wants accountability."

http://www.thenewsstar.com/article/20110505/SPORTS/105050313

NT80
Credit Dr. Rawlins for trying to improve UNT on several fronts; now he aims at marketing and perception of the school's image.

Deborah Leliaert, vice president for public relations at UNT, said the university is re-establishing its message.

“We are not redoing all of our graphics and everything,” she said.

The university’s formal request for proposals states that the goal for the project is to “develop a comprehensive brand strategy for the University of North Texas.”

The work will include four components:

* brand platform development and implementation;

* football stadium promotions and marketing;

* evaluation and development of new and social media; and

* evaluation and development of news services.

http://www.dentonrc.com/sharedcontent/dws/drc/localnews/stories/DRC_UNT_0505.2ec4282b7.html

CMJ
I haven't had a chance to talk with new UNT head coach Karen Aston about it yet, but the Mean Green has signed the first three players of her tenure with the team. I heard last night that UNT would announce who the team picked up late.

Sure enough, UNT just sent out an e-mail.

Here they are: Atavia Blake, Braylah Blakely and Sara Stanley.

The following are a few details I gleaned from the press release:

http://meangreenblog.dentonrc.com/archives/2011/05/unt-signs-three.html

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Please review our full Privacy Policy before using our site.