GoMeanGreen.com

Harry
Today was the big day, the day that I was assigned a time to visit Denton and select my Mean Green Club seats. It was truly a fun day and despite the rain I left in plenty enough time to arrive about five minutes early. I felt like a kid waking up on Christmas morning as I exited off of I-35.

As I was driving down Bonnie Brae I had an immediate panic attack because it was pouring down rain and I feared the athletic center parking lot would be packed. Luckily the AD had marked off parking spaces for ticket purchasers which put me in the best spot I've ever landed there, right by the front entrance. I also noticed that they had well placed direction signs on Bonnie Brae which would be helpful for someone who hadn't been there before.

When you enter the AC you are met by a nice guy at a table named Alan who checks your name off a list and gives you a premade name tag. He then directs you to the main press room which is through the double doors to your left, down the hallway past the weight room on the right and to the right until you dead end. I was already familiar with where the room is located since they hold a lot of the press conferences and events in there.

When I entered the main room, I was welcomed by a number of AD staff, including Cooper Jones, Eric Capper, Matt Stittsinger, John Burkett and several others. There is a handy bar including soft drinks, wine and beers as well as some tasty snacks. All of this is free and in my opinion a nice touch. I felt very welcomed and at home.... click here for the entire article.

UNT 90 Grad
I was really impressed with the Coaches Caravan in Denton tonight. Everyone should go to one if you are able. My take aways:

1. It was great to see some current and former players there (Lance Dunbar, Royce Hill, & Johnny Quinn).
2. I finally heard Coach Mac repeat a joke (Coach: How many really good college coaches are there? Wife: One less than you think.)
3. The golf coach did a great job considering he had to follow Coach Mac.
4. Good to see Scrappy, some of the cheer leaders, and some of the dance team there.
5. Johnny Jones is much more funny and entertaining to hear speak than I was expecting. I suppose I've only really heard him speak on the Mean Green Insider.
6. I thought the Mean Green Club did a top notch job with setting things up and providing door prizes.
7. In light of the fact I knew going in there would not be complimentary alcoholic drinks, it was nice that they had a cash bar.

wardly
the concern about" UNT "on helment, i'm told, is that unless you are from Texas and surrounding area, you might not know what it stands for. personaly, i would like the eagle talon on the helment. i have never seen one, it is different, and i think our current eagle look like charlie the chicken hawk from the fog horn/leg horn cartoons of my childhood.just an old mans opinion.

3XNTGRAD
I will be selecting my seats in less than two weeks. Before I do that, I really need the answer to this question. Where is the group of fans who like to stand for the entire game going to be? I applaud your dedication, but for my own reasons I prefer to sit in my seat, rather than stand in front of it (I do stand when it is prudent to do so based on the game situation). For that reason, I would really not want to be behind a group that stands the entire game. So, do you know what section/area you are aiming for?

I would personally like to be somewhere around the 40-45 yard line in the lower section (but near or at the top of the lowest section, which would duplicate the general area I had in Fouts - but with a much better view, of course!).

Thanks in advance.

El Paso Eagle
3 from the Belt –

North Texas - 7th SAN DIEGO REGION

Middle Tennessee - 8th SAN DIEGO REGION

Denver - 13th COLORADO REGION

Other Texas Schools

TCU – 7th COLORADO REGION
Texas – 2nd SAN DIEGO REGION
SMU – 10th SAN DIEGO REGION
Lamar – 12th VIRGINIA TECH REGION
Baylor – 7th FLORIDA REGION
Texas A&M – 1st ARIZONA REGION
Texas Tech – 3rd ARIZONA REGION
UTA – 12th ARIZONA REGION

Cooley
Wonder if 6-4 SG recruit Jordan Green would ask to be released from A&M. Committed very early to A&M but had second thoughts when Jordan Williams committed to the Mean Green. According to Green, he was seriously going to follow Williams to UNT but dad said no.

Kinda quiet around here so we have to have some fun speculating.

Mean Green Matt
These numbers are through softball, and should be correct unless the SBC decides to abruptly change the rules of the Bubas Cup:

Middle Tennessee - 112.5
North Texas - 92
Arkansas State - 87
Western Kentucky - 85.5
Florida International - 81
Denver - 80
Florida Atlantic - 71
Louisiana-Lafeyette - 70.5
South Alabama - 65
Troy - 57.5
Arkansas Little-Rock - 57
Louisiana-Monroe - 51

If North Texas can stay up 5 on ASU through outdoor track and field, and only lose a couple points to WKU, we should be able to hold on to second place even without a baseball team. Softball finishing in last place really hurts, and just finishing where they were picked to could have given us enough breathing room to basically clinch second.

Harry
Words like accountability, work ethic and mental and physical toughness should sound familiar to ULM players.

It's only a few attributes that head coach Todd Berry tried to bring out of his team when he returned to Monroe last year to take over the football program.

Now, another first-year head coach in the Sun Belt Conference is using the same lingo when he describes what he wants out of his team.

North Texas coach Dan McCarney arrived in Denton this past offseason after three years at the University of Florida to help resurrect a program that produced a 10-34 conference record in the past six seasons.

"I think we've got a long ways to go in the development of this team, but I see a team that is really hungry for those things," McCarney said. "I see a team that wants discipline, that wants respect, that wants accountability."

http://www.thenewsstar.com/article/20110505/SPORTS/105050313

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Please review our full Privacy Policy before using our site.