UNT Lands Commitment #1: Rex Rollins

Brett Vito

UNT picked up a commitment tonight from Tyler Chapel Hill running back/cornerback Rex Rollins.

Chapel Hill head coach Thomas Sitton confirmed just a minute ago that he committed. I am waiting for a call back from Rollins.

DRC

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Glad to hear our first recruit is from the promise land. Here is the smoaky.com write up on the front page. Courtesy of David Smoak.

Chapel Hill's Rollins commits to UNT

Chapel Hill running back Rex Rollins, 6-1, 200, has given his verbal commitment to play college football at the University of North Texas.

Rollins, finished his junior season with 88-carries for 844-yards and 8-TD's.

He is a member of the Class of 2012.

David Smoak

Edited by jtm0097

Glad to hear our first recruit is from the promise land. Here is the smoaky.com write up on the front page. Courtesy of David Smoak.

Chapel Hill's Rollins commits to UNT

Chapel Hill running back Rex Rollins, 6-1, 200, has given his verbal commitment to play college football at the University of North Texas.

Rollins, finished his junior season with 88-carries for 844-yards and 8-TD's.

He is a member of the Class of 2012.

David Smoak

10 yds a carry doesnt sound bad to me

Any RB, WR, CB, or even Safety that is also a track guy very much gets my football pants going crazy.

Thank you to Mr Rollins for being the first of this class! I can't wait to see your talents brought to "The Stadjum" in Denton! I'll be able to see just how fast and Athlete-ic you are from a great seat! Go Mean Green!

• Upvote 1

I watched the UNT football camp at Chapel Hill yesterday (Vito has it wrong - the camp was yesterday)- I live a short distance away.

Rollins looked good - glad to see him commit. CH had a three-back tandem last year that was excellent - and Rollins was probably the number 3 back.

Another offer has been extended to CH's feature back in 2011 - and he was at the camp yesterday.

It was interesting watching the coaches work with the players of varying talents. And of course Dan McCarney was all over the field doing what Dan McCarney does!

It was particularly interesting to watch the special teams coach work with a punter. The kid greatly improved his distance, hang time, and was kicking consistent spirals, and all with 45 minutes of work with the coach. Great job!

I was talking to the father of a CH defensive tackle (converting to DE this season - don't be surprised if this kid gets offered by UNT before the recruiting season is over) and he said that he believes UNT coaches and fans are in for a treat when they see Lairamie Lee in 2-a-days. He believes that Lee will be a slobber-knocker when receivers come across the middle.

And to top it off - everyone in CH know what a great kid Lairamie Lee is!

• Upvote 5