MGB: Brock Berglund out

Brett Vito

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

2 thoughts

1) I wonder if the staff knew he was leaving thus the signing of Greer or the other way around

2) We have another available ship for this class

I dont think they knew he was leaving. I think they thought he just wasnt going to be the QB anytime soon. Plus you never pass up the chance to get better. By bringing in Greer the QB position got better and thus UNT got better.

• Upvote 1

2 thoughts

1) I wonder if the staff knew he was leaving thus the signing of Greer or the other way around

2) We have another available ship for this class

It doesn't open up a ship for this class. What's holding us back from signing more is the 25 per class limit. And since we signed 25 from last class, including walkons put on scholly, we can't backcount any into last class.

My thought is they knew he was transferring, probably shared that with Josh and that led to Josh committing.

It's still sad to me because I mean heck we never really ever got to see the kid play... his injury in the spring was a killer. He comes back in the Fall with no reps and DaJon shows up on the scene.

But it makes some sense for him to transfer because he clearly saw the writing on the wall. Connor Means enrolling in January was another indication.

I'm sorry it didn't work out and I wish him and his family well in the future.

if your the same style of QB as the starter it would be an easier transition from starter to back up.

Lets just say Dajon starts and goes down would you rather bring in the same style QB (Brock) or a pocket passer?

Look DaJon may be the best QB we have ever had but he has not played. Josh has proven himself at a high level of competition in the juco ranks. McNulty also has more reps than does DaJon. Knowing Mac and how he despises turnovers, it could be very difficult for him to start a guy who has never played a game against UT. We shall see.

Sad to see, but I don't blame him a bit. It would be painful from the "what could have been" perspective, but I hope he tears it up at Northern Colorado and ends up in the NFL. BOL.

Edited by foutsrouts
  • Upvote 2