DAJON TO START SATURDAY

meangreen15

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

I think this is a good decision. But rather than shaking my cyber pom-poms over this, I'm scratching my head. If DW is/has been functioning all this time in practice at the level that he demonstrated in the LaTech game, then how in hell did Greer ever get out on the field in the first place? I was scratching my head about him during the spring. I rated three (possibly four) other QB's as looking better than Greer by the end of spring. When Greer got out there against Texas he looked just as awkward in ever aspect of Quarterbacking (footwork, throwing motion etc,) as he did in the spring.

What the hell is going on?

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

What if all Dajon's magical powers go away because he is named starter? What if Dajon is only productive when he is 3rd string?

What if? What if? Some of this reminds me of one guy at work accusing another one of never finishing a project because of fear that it might be finished and not work.

Edited by eulessismore
  • Upvote 1

What if all Dajon's magical powers go away because he is named starter? What if Dajon is only productive when he is 3rd string?

The bar could honestly not be set any lower for the young man. These days we do not celebrate touchdowns we celebrate first downs.

He will look like a god send. That said every time I see DW I wonder he if could stay healthy for a full season. So skinny.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Wow, it sounds like he has missed a ton of practice. Hope he takes advantage of the situation. If the other QBs had not been so putrid, I doubt he would have seen the field this season. Good luck DW. Seize your opportunity. No excuses now.

• Upvote 2

I bet coach Mac had a heart to heart with him this week and told him he wanted him to start,he's the best quarterback we have,and that he knows he's going through a lot, but that he needs to show some more effort or whatever the issue was. This may be irrelevant but I noticed he hasn't tweeted in a few days which is pretty unusual for him. I'm guessing he turned it around this week and impressed Mac. Even if he didn't, there really is no other choice.

• Upvote 2

And there we have it.......

Mac isn't really one to be mysterious, so I figured he'd mention all this sooner or later. I think even bringing it up mean that all of that is not an issue anymore. I'm sure the coaching staff had a good long talk with him and gave him the "you're our only hope," speech.

• Upvote 1

Sounded like to me he legitimately missed practice a little bit bc the birth of a child and rightfully so. It also sounds like he was there for the other practices but just didn't practice bc of a sore shoulder. Someone pointed this out that Mac calls missing practice is when you aren't in pads, but most translated that into he just didn't care to show up. Which wasn't really true. Glad he shined some light on that. Also, I thought voluntary workouts were just that, voluntary. Granted he must attend those from here on out throughout his career if he locks this job up.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4