Arkansas Little Rock (12/29/11)

CMJ

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

The street fighters had lots of help from the SBC ref's last year. It would have been nice to go dancing last year for recruiting purposes, but we'd have been one and done based on our injuries last year.

As it turns out JJ did great job on the recruiting front without going dancing.

• Upvote 1

Kenpom has this as #236 North Texas vs. #261 UALR

Sagarin has this as #214 North Texas vs. #261 UALR

Ok so it is now a pillow fight, last week UALR was in the 300's, but if JJ is half the coach his fandom believes him to be this should not even be a close game.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

Women play UALR on Wednesday at 7:00 to open conference play. Anyone know the status of Godboldt's injury?

Her and Braylah are out for another week. But the best thing is knowing that with or without them, K Sue will get her team to play above their abilities and overcome whatever UALR throws at them.

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Her and Braylah are out for another week. But the best thing is knowing that with or without them, K Sue will get her team to play above their abilities and overcome whatever UALR throws at them.

Rick

Like Nicholls? It's going to be a rough stretch with the injuries.

• Upvote 2

Like Nicholls? It's going to be a rough stretch with the injuries.

No, like Oregon State, New Mexico State, SMU, Alabama and nearly beating Texas the other night without two key players, is kinda like what I had in mind. And regardless if it's a tough stretch or not without them, we won't hear it mentioned as an excuse from this team should we come up short on the scoreboard.

Rick

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

I really hope that we come prepared for this game and play to our potential. Like the fan behind me said last night JJ always plays down to the other teams level instead our letting our guys go out there and dominate the floor.

Im saying

UNT 78

ALR 69

WE WANT MORE NIKOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I really hope that we come prepared for this game and play to our potential. Like the fan behind me said last night JJ always plays down to the other teams level instead our letting our guys go out there and dominate the floor.

Im saying

UNT 78

ALR 69

WE WANT MORE NIKOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So has Niko been "Osborned"

• Downvote 1

No, like Oregon State, New Mexico State, SMU, Alabama and nearly beating Texas the other night without two key players, is kinda like what I had in mind. And regardless if it's a tough stretch or not without them, we won't hear it mentioned as an excuse from this team should we come up short on the scoreboard.

Rick

I don't follow the women's team that closely, but I do know they have the same record as the men now after dropping 4 straight. Having a leading scorer out to start league play is some cause for concern, I'd imagine.

There are 80 post minutes available. Tony Mitchell needs to get about 25-30 of them.

That leaves 55 minutes, at most, for JJ's Batman utility belt of situationally effective post guys. Kedrick Hogans, Roger Franklin, Jacob Holmen, Niko Stojilkovic, and Alonzo Edwards are going to have to split those minutes based on who is playing hot and matches up well with a given opponent or lineup on the floor.

Someone... Usually 2 or 3 someones, are going to get shorted on minutes in any particular game.

That's not even considering Forrest Robinson, who we all think is going to be submitted for a medical redshirt (and who, somewhat disturbingly, hasn't even been on the bench for at least 2 of the games in this homestand).

There are 80 post minutes available. Tony Mitchell needs to get about 25-30 of them.

That leaves 55 minutes, at most, for JJ's Batman utility belt of situationally effective post guys. Kedrick Hogans, Roger Franklin, Jacob Holmen, Niko Stojilkovic, and Alonzo Edwards are going to have to split those minutes based on who is playing hot and matches up well with a given opponent or lineup on the floor.

Someone... Usually 2 or 3 someones, are going to get shorted on minutes in any particular game.

That's not even considering Forrest Robinson, who we all think is going to be submitted for a medical redshirt (and who, somewhat disturbingly, hasn't even been on the bench for at least 2 of the games in this homestand).

I noticed that... do you think it is cause for concern? I was just unsure where he was

This, makes you wonder just what is going on. Maybe JJ let him go home for Christmas?

I hope Forrest stays with us. I noticed another kid in El Paso doing fairly well at the 4 and 5 (listed at C)...at nearly the exact same weight and height. Bohannon is a year older, so maybe Forrest can develop into similar production with some experience.