What A Difference A Year Makes

island eagle

These quotes are from off the Troy board. They could easily have come off our board last year:

"Point the finger wherever you want. Last night was a total TEAM effort. Coaching staff made ZERO adjustments, the players on DEFENSE forgot how to tackle on the field and then tried to tackle off the field, result 15 yard personal foul. Hell, we almost ran into the punter, in fact, did brush him, that is just BUSH. We're trying to get the ball back, you've worked hard and you 'brush' the kicker, come on. Special teams (kicking especially) weren't any better. Glussman misses a chip shot, coaches go for it on 4th instead of giving him a chance (Maybe they already knew something) and the Offensive Line blocked NO ONE most of the night. TEAM effort here. #7 caught more passes than anyone in the HISTORY OF BOWLING GREEN FOOTBALL, MORE THAN ANYONE!!!

So point the finger here, point the finger there, or just put your finger up and realize that this effort (lack there of) was TEAM. Maybe they were thinking of their tweats and twits to much, or what might make a better video for more "pre season hype". I don't know. I do know that the Troy Trojan team that played last night better get their asses to the practice field and FILM ROOM and get this fixed, pronto, or it could really, really be painful in the next 5-6 weeks."

" The O-Line blocked no one and the D-Line didnt touch the QB all night(no penetration). Give the db's time and they will come along, but we got handled up front and that is where the game is won and lost. Also I agree the play calling was bad. Didnt throw the ball down field but in the O coordinators defense,Levi didnt have time to throw. BG did a good job rolling the QB out so our ends were not able to get a true pass rush. I am as big a TROY fan as the next person, but we got handled on the field and on the sidelines. Gotta give BG some credit!!"