Wide Receiver

mean green d

Am I out of line to think UNT may play alot of the Freshmen wideouts this year? I know ideally you would like to redshirt them

Can you give me an idea how many you think will receive legitimate playing time? Thanks

I do expect to see at least four of the freshman get significant playing time. I do expect a couple red-shirts but think Johnson, Dibrell and Walker will get in the fold early. These kids all have experience in a similar system and should be able to produce early. I think the fours freshman spot will be between King and Roberson; both are big physical receivers. King played 5a ball so it may be an easier transition for him over Roberson who was 2a.

Breece is too thin to hit the field this season, imo. He needs at least 15 pounds to play D-1.

Dibrell and BJ Lewis will see time early and often. Both have college size bodies. The unknown is Marcus King. All the other Freshman will red shirt based on what I have seen in some summer workouts and from talking to a couple "elder statesman."