Other Games Observations

NM Green

Since I couldn’t cheer on our Mean Green in person I watched several other games traveling on planes and through airports on Saturday.

The Oregon Washington game was awesome. Two legit powers, two stud quarterbacks. Both those teams are going to make the Big 10 stronger! Didn’t see that coming before this season. Oh and USC will struggle because they don’t like physical under Lincoln. 

Notre Dame and Freeman were due for a big win. They played with their hair on fire and outmuscled USC, a first. Crazy what a good transfer quarterback can make. Thank you Chandler. 

LSU is putting it together on both sides of the ball, like we seem to be doing from week to week. They might win the West but they do have to travel to Tuscaloosa. Love how Alabama just finds a way. The great Saban will be influencing this years playoffs, already has. 

It’s may be fall, but it’s fixin to get really hot down in college station. You know what Ags, there’s this very good coach down in San Antonio who loves your program and knows how to work with top Texas talent. Could Aranda end up the Alamo city? Lincoln in maroon? Riley is sly. 

Michigan looks like the number one team and could win it all this year. They will beat THE Ohio State University again. And who is Penn State? They are always hard to figure out. White out at night a dream game to see along with Army Navy.

Arizona is salty. Almost beating USC and shellacking Wazzu. Schizophrenic team flying below the radar. Colorado is cooked for 2023. I will not miss Prime Time and Swifty drama when it all settles down. 

Man I love the Mormons, but what happened in Fort Worth. Did not see that coming. Cincinnati feels way off this year. 

The Mean Green are hungry for a Big Win, another statement victory. Could that happen in the Big Easy or Highland Park? Or in Denton against the Birds or Tigers? We will know soon enough. Keep on growing and having fun. 

Outside of following our fantastic W, I LOVED the Big Sky at Night game.  Took me back to our Sun Belt days in the Kibbie Dome where some memorable wins were earned. Never went to Moscow, but the whole scene is so bizarre it’s cool. Throw in the border war rivalry and I was glued to that game like the old PAC 12 late starts. I have a feeling I’m getting ready to learn about the Big Sky Conference more than I ever thought I would. I love our “costume changes” as someone referred to our uni obsession, but I love soccer too and that’s something I look forward to each year. A minimum of 3 new adjusted kits each year. It’s money genius. Oh and the FIU unis were creatively slick.  Back to traditional uniforms the Griz helmet and look stands the rest of time. I see that traditional combo and think “Winners.”

Back to Bobby Hauck, I really like him. Solid coach. Watched him at UNLV when living in sin city. Good overall guy kind of like Seth with a bit more zest. Loved seen him and the guys go wild on the last second turnover and Idaho stop. We will migrate back to regional rivalries it’s good for the sport and fans.  

Awwwwww I love this time of year. The next few weeks are going to be intense and an emotional rollercoaster for sure.

GMG