Western Kentucky (1/12/12)

CMJ

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

I'm saving and framing the program from this game to prove that WKU actually stepped foot on the UNT campus. Lord knows it'll be a decade or so before they are scheduled to come back.

As long as they don't find a way to bring Winchester with them I will be happy.

Another game we shouldn't lose...

exactly.

a team starting a bunch of freshmen.

no outside shooters. (i'm not making that up...check the stats...28.9% from 3-ville)

no inside presence.

most definitely nobody like tony mitchell. for that matter...we don't have anyone close to chris jones or jordan williams.

second game after a coaching change.

there'll be nothing to see here gentlemen. you beat troy by 22. they beat us AT DIDDLE.

tough start for the ray harper (interim) era. the most 'talented' team in the league in unt and then on to honky heaven @ 5,280 feet high.

• Upvote 1

exactly.

no outside shooters. (i'm not making that up...check the stats...28.9% from 3-ville)

no inside presence.

most definitely nobody like tony mitchell. for that matter...we don't have anyone close to chris jones or jordan williams.

there'll be nothing to see here gentlemen. you beat troy by 22. they beat us AT DIDDLE.

tough start for the ray harper (interim) era. the most 'talented' team in the league in unt and then on to honky heaven @ 5,280 feet high.

When you ran of those first few point I thought you were speaking of us.

• Upvote 3

exactly.

no inside presence.

So sneaky.

exactly.

no inside presence.

I've been pretty impressed with Derrick Gordon...plus, who knows how many minutes this season you guys have been playing a man down...

Prediction: Game time will be moved back 30 minutes as WKU will get lost coming to Denton.

If we don't win, JJ should be hung from the rafters and required to shout out the score and the play by play of recent highlights thus becoming our center court scoreboard.

• Upvote 5

I've been pretty impressed with Derrick Gordon...plus, who knows how many minutes this season you guys have been playing a man down...

derrick has been solid as my wood matt. and a cat can't scratch that!

not a great shooter...heck, not even a good shooter but i love the kid.

36% from the field. 26% from 3-ville. 72% from the line. but he gets to the line more frequently than anyone on our team. 94 times with the next 2 closest at 57 & 39 attempts.

leads us in rebounding at 6.8 and minutes at 33.1 per game.

he has more assists than anyone on the team but he turns it over like he's shaving points. (he is from new jersey so who knows on that one)

but he plays better defense than any freshman i've seen at western and that includes courtney lee (pbuh). that is one of the reasons he stays on the floor.

all of that said his numbers mimic jordan williams of your team.

if by playing a man down....you meant be saddled with ken mcdummy....i like the way you think. if by playing a man down you mean someone we've missed in games due to injuries there is nobody on this team that makes any difference if they're out.

keepin' it real,

always,

dahbeed.

• Upvote 1

derrick has been solid as my wood matt. and a cat can't scratch that!

not a great shooter...heck, not even a good shooter but i love the kid.

36% from the field. 26% from 3-ville. 72% from the line. but he gets to the line more frequently than anyone on our team. 94 times with the next 2 closest at 57 & 39 attempts.

leads us in rebounding at 6.8 and minutes at 33.1 per game.

he has more assists than anyone on the team but he turns it over like he's shaving points. (he is from new jersey so who knows on that one)

but he plays better defense than any freshman i've seen at western and that includes courtney lee (pbuh). that is one of the reasons he stays on the floor.

all of that said his numbers mimic jordan williams of your team.

if by playing a man down....you meant be saddled with ken mcdummy....i like the way you think. if by playing a man down you mean someone we've missed in games due to injuries there is nobody on this team that makes any difference if they're out.

keepin' it real,

always,

dahbeed.

Maybe he meant playing 5 on 6?

• Upvote 2

Maybe he meant playing 5 on 6?

thanks amigo. i didn't even see that one. guess i've tried to burn that one out of my memory already.

that act didn't get mcdummy fired but i do believe the loss gave him the heave one game early. and for that i am eternally grateful.

we could have that fat tub of goo wright waters as our next coach and i don't think he'd be worse than mcdummy.

again...thanks for pointing out the obvious to me. i can be slow at times.

not sure if this counts but other teams play have been playing 5 on 4 against us defensively since jamal crook has been here. his shot (although improved this year ) is so awful teams back completely off him and dare him to shoot it.