St. Gregory (11/11/11) Game Thread

CMJ

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Just checked out out St. Gregory's website (I always like to study up on our opponents) and saw this game is listed as an exhibition for them. I noticed they play under the NAIA just like OCU so maybe they aren't allowed to count this as a real game but we can? Are there rules regarding what can and can't be an exhibition game or do the school themselves get to choose what counts and doesn't?

I'm sure someone with better knowledge then me can help explain this and solve my curiosity. Thanks

Can't wait to see a big crowd Friday night! GMG

I think health on the quick turnaround will be our biggest issue. Hogans was cramping very badly last night (missed game time and the handshake line with some very serious cramps, he was really in pain there at the end) and it appeared that several others had leg issues. Forrest was on the bike for a bit (keeping his hammies warm?), Chris Jones looked like he was getting his calf massaged (more cramps?) and I think I saw Trey Norris getting some trainer attention to his lower legs too.

We're gonna lose. We just don't have the horses to play with them. Might as well stay home.

This. Trilli left this program in shambles. It will take time for JJ to get his type of players in the system. Patience.

• Upvote 3

While going through the game notes, I found this gem.

In the 35-year history of the Sun Belt Conference only two programs have a better winning percentage in the SBC Tournament than North Texas. The Mean Green is 14-9 (.609) all-time in the SBC Tourney, which trails only Western Kentucky (41-22, .657) and former Sun Belt member UAB (20-8, .714).

For anyone else that might be tied up with children duties tonight and can't make it to Denton, MeanGreenSports.com lists the game as available on NTTV- FiOS channel 46. (also Charter Denton, not sure what channel)

Now I just have to keep my phone in my pocket until I'm back home and can watch the recording.

For anyone else that might be tied up with children duties tonight and can't make it to Denton, MeanGreenSports.com lists the game as available on NTTV- FiOS channel 46. (also Charter Denton, not sure what channel)

Now I just have to keep my phone in my pocket until I'm back home and can watch the recording.

NTTV is channel 22 on Charter Denton.

• Upvote 1