Northwood (11/8/13)

CMJ

Admin-Bldg-2.jpg

NT 72

Northwood 67

Final

Alzee is reason enough to pull for the team this season. Clutch effort by him tonight. I love that kid, have since he was a freshman, issues with Benford or not.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

KRAM post spoiler alert:

All I hear from people on this board is just win. Well we won and people still aren't happy. Now we have to win a certain way?

Thanks for the press and please play again. Were you at the game?

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

So I posted good job on the win for the Mean Green. And we are 1-0. I get -2....

It wasn't a sarcastic post. I don't get it. Trying to post something positive on this board gets negative marks... I don't understand

I feel your pain!

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Without hearing it, I'm gonna take a stab at the Benford presser excuse line of the night.

"You know, when you lose an NBA-caliber talent like Tony Mitchell there is natually going to be an adjustment period. Tony was such a key and central part of what we did last season, both offensively and defensively, that it's probably going to take a game or two or three for us to really find our identity. Lots of credit to Northwood and their head coach (______???_____), they really came in prepared and gave our boys a fight. I think we can really take what we learned from this game and apply it going forward into our next game with a talented OU team."

You weren't that far off... Per Vito

"We are really disappointed in our effort and execution. I want to give [Northwood coach Ray] Wilkerson credit. When we put our schedule together we knew his team was going to be well coached. We didnt execute offensively or attack the zone. We are a better shooting team than that."

- See more at: http://meangreenblog.dentonrc.com/2013/11/unt-northwood-wrap.html/#sthash.V4J1TJ9e.dpuf

Edited by filmerj

I wonder which assistant coach is charged with teaching the players to stand around and wait for something to happen. I have never seen a more flat footed team and that's a result of coaching. This is a monumental toddodgen situation.

• Upvote 1

So, after sleeping on it last night, here are my thoughts this morning.

Where do I send the check? My bet with UNT90 on that min. 10 wins thing is looking pretty darn iffy right about now. The "sleep on it" did not make it seem any better.

Early, yes? Opponents...perhaps...even the fans are less than thrilled....but shooting, passing, motion, defense and on and on. Lots of work to do. Might get a better indication of what's to come when the Mean Green play OU on Monday. If they cannot get a bit more up and play much better against OU, well, it might just be a loooooooooong season. Keeping fingers and toes crossed, but the checkbook and pen are both out in anticipation of "settle up" day!

Wow! Thought that would be a 20-25 point win. Never dreamed that with the clock running down in the second half that Northwood would be throwing up a three to try to tie the game. Glad the kid missed. Ouch! Clunk of a game!

Edited by KRAM1
  • Upvote 1

Does Coach Mac know anything about basketball?

Would love to be a fly on the wall in Coach Mac's first meeting with the team and the day one of those guys dogged it in practice or in a game. Now THAT would be worth paying to see!

Hadn't seen the result and watched the game on replay. Northwood did not even look good I am not sure this game would have been won on a neutral court. NT just looked awwwwwful.

Huntsville will be pissed by the end of the season, because D2 wins over NT will be nothing special by the end of this season.

Rught now I don't see coach Benford getting through the season and still be the HC.

5 points? Cedar Hill High School would kill us. Glad I was too busy to see it. Unfreaking believable

Without a doubt, there are HS teams here in KY that could take NT mens down to the wire, especially ones in Louisville and Hopkinsville. Just amazing to me. I will never understand why North Texans put up with this crap...but you do.

Without a doubt, there are HS teams here in KY that could take NT mens down to the wire, especially ones in Louisville and Hopkinsville. Just amazing to me. I will never understand why North Texans put up with this crap...but you do.

No high school team could ever beat a D1 college team in any sport. That is just an ignorant statement. That is like saying a college team could beat a professional team....

Anyone know who to contact about problems with the media/game notes? Used to be either Stephen Howard or Steven Bartolatta, but they've moved up high enough now I don't think they put them together).

Before last night they had us listed with 1075 all time victories, I added up 3 times and came up with 1076. So, after last night's win, we should be at 1077. They'll probably list us at 1076. Not a big deal I guess, but dang it don't shortchange our wins! If you wanna mess up, leave a few losses off (they got that number correct at 1214)

Hadn't seen the result and watched the game on replay. Northwood did not even look good I am not sure this game would have been won on a neutral court. NT just looked awwwwwful.

Rught now I don't see coach Benford getting through the season and still be the HC.

I was at the game and Northwood played with a swagger I hadn't seen many times before. They were intense, confident, loose... all the things that create a massive problem for a better (albeit on paper) team. (see Florida Gulf Coast). We did look bad and shot poorly, and though Northwood stats don't look much better, they played much looser.

They are a team in which you have to crush early, leaving them hang around was the worst thing to do because it clearly got to our guys' confidence. Interested to see what an OU team brings out of our guys. Even a crushing loss to OU could do great things for our team.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

But will they make good fathers?

I do not get these posts. The players respect this saying and many keep it up in their room. Why does he get picked on so much for teaching responsibility? I understand the season is off to a rough start but no reason to take something that means so much and be little it.

I do not get these posts. The players respect this saying and many keep it up in their room. Why does he get picked on so much for teaching responsibility? I understand the season is off to a rough start but no reason to take something that means so much and be little it.

People are picking on you for saying it as if it's justification for still keeping Benford as our coach.

People are picking on you for saying it as if it's justification for still keeping Benford as our coach.

The players and AD have his back for another year so I think we should as well. Maybe NT 90, p1 and yourself can suit up so we can have a new coach. Until that happens I think the fans need to be more supportive. I am concerned after our last game but I will not miss a home game this year.

The players and AD have his back for another year so I think we should as well. Maybe NT 90, p1 and yourself can suit up so we can have a new coach. Until that happens I think the fans need to be more supportive. I am concerned after our last game but I will not miss a home game this year.

How many suits should they bring?

• Upvote 1

We very dissappointed last night. They are still making them practice on game days 2 hours before the game yesterday. He will not let them run and gun. Just stand around and play hot potatoe with the ball until the clock runs down. Players and parents very dissatisfied but love north texas so what can we do at this point . Not looking forward to this season at all. Glad football is doing great....go mean green

• Upvote 2