Northwood (11/8/13)

CMJ

Admin-Bldg-2.jpg

NT 72

Northwood 67

Final

Alzee is reason enough to pull for the team this season. Clutch effort by him tonight. I love that kid, have since he was a freshman, issues with Benford or not.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

This one counts.. .the 5:00 tip is horrible but I'll be there and look forward to kicking off a great weekend to be a Mean Green fan.

The 5 PM tip is due to Homecoming festivities later that same evening; namely bonfire.

I have been a student longer than I care to mention but when people ask me why I'm still here I always respond I'm not leaving till we have a bowl eligible football team and our bball team makes the dance the same academic year. I think this is the year. So far so good.

• Upvote 2

Oh...it's basketball season you say....cool. Once football season is over I might stop in from time to time.

So sad, but that's how I feel. I was so pumped for last season. SO PUMPED. I could not care less that it's about to start up again. Thanks Benford

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

This one counts.. .the 5:00 tip is horrible but I'll be there and look forward to kicking off a great weekend to be a Mean Green fan.

5:00pm tip has everything to do with homecoming activities. The bonfire is set to go about 7pm...the football team will attend the bonfire as will a ton of students and alums. Could not schedule this game up against the lighting of the homecoming bonfire.

I agree that 5pm is not ideal, but considering the packed homecoming schedule, it pretty much had to be if there was to be a game on this Friday.

One can debate the situation, but that is the answer. See you at the Super Pit, smoothfresh!

5:00pm tip has everything to do with homecoming activities. The bonfire is set to go about 7pm...the football team will attend the bonfire as will a ton of students and alums. Could not schedule this game up against the lighting of the homecoming bonfire.

I agree that 5pm is not ideal, but considering the packed homecoming schedule, it pretty much had to be if there was to be a game on this Friday.

One can debate the situation, but that is the answer. See you at the Super Pit, smoothfresh!

Good to hear the football team will be at this year's bonfire.. That place will certainly be a rockin!

• Upvote 1

And played football.

I understand the fallacy in my logic,I was just trying to appeal to the Dallas area market while making the point of the rule of thumb in sports:Never judge a coach by his first year. But I'm staying out of Benford arguments that's been rehashed too many times

• Upvote 1

I'm not being sarcastic when I ask if anyone knows anything about Northwood.. Is it the small college in the area? From what I could find their average height is about 6'2 and they compete with North Lake College for recruits.

Michigan campus plays D2 with football. Florida and Texas (Cedar Hills) campuses are NAIA without football. Each campus runs about 1500 undergraduate students.

So I have to ask. Seriously? NAIA? And that counts as a win? Surely that's not in the RPI calculation win or lose, right?

Northwood plays its home games at Trinity Christian High School.

Seriously? This game counts?

Edited by oldguystudent
  • Upvote 1

Michigan campus plays D2 with football. Florida and Texas (Cedar Hills) campuses are NAIA without football. Each campus runs about 1500 undergraduate students.

So I have to ask. Seriously? NAIA? And that counts as a win? Surely that's not in the RPI calculation win or lose, right?

Northwood plays its home games at Trinity Christian High School.

Seriously? This game counts?

It really is insane that we're playing them. We should AT LEAST be playing Dallas Baptist if we just must play a small school from the hills of southwest Dallas County. I've been on their campus several times and it's tiny. They've always had a pretty good baseball program though.

Anyone can win at anytime in basketball. One player makes a huge difference so I never taken anyone for granted. We should win this game by 24 but I would be on the look out. If we lose or only win by 10 or less then I will have my first red flag of the season (fair enough)...

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Whatever happened to him anyways? Nice guy.

He is/was coach and AD at Allen Academy down in Bryan. Don't know if he's still there, but he was involved in one of his customary cheating scandals a couple of years ago. I think he got away with that one, but he "allegedly" was recruiting and paying off inner city Houston kids to play for him. Swell fellow.

He is/was coach and AD at Allen Academy down in Bryan. Don't know if he's still there, but he was involved in one of his customary cheating scandals a couple of years ago. I think he got away with that one, but he "allegedly" was recruiting and paying off inner city Houston kids to play for him. Swell fellow.

He turned it around in Year 2 as a college head coach, though. Went from 9 wins to 18-10.

Can't argue with success. Maybe we'll be that lucky?