Northwood (11/8/13)

CMJ

Admin-Bldg-2.jpg

NT 72

Northwood 67

Final

Alzee is reason enough to pull for the team this season. Clutch effort by him tonight. I love that kid, have since he was a freshman, issues with Benford or not.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

So I posted good job on the win for the Mean Green. And we are 1-0. I get -2....

It wasn't a sarcastic post. I don't get it. Trying to post something positive on this board gets negative marks... I don't understand

People like to be negative. I left you a plus one on it.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 4

...? You think we will lose by less? We did not look great tonight. I do like your optimism. I hope we beat OU but based on tonight we do not get close :/

Not what I meant by you not being serious.

We should beat the NAIA national champion by 30+. This was a team in it's second year of existence coming off a 4 win season in NAIA competition. This should've been a 50 point win at home.

I haven't argued with you about your support for Benford, but this absolutely is not progress.

• Upvote 2

It's bad is when, in all seriousness, the opposing teams' fans who were sitting behind us asked me, "You guys are D1? What's wrong with them? " And he was serious. Not smack talk, he actually sounded concerned and confused. They fully expected to get their doors blown off. I was a little ashamed at the start the bus chant. When we struggle to beat NAIA, I don't feel it's an appropriate response.

Edited by filmerj
  • Upvote 2

So I posted good job on the win for the Mean Green. And we are 1-0. I get -2....

It wasn't a sarcastic post. I don't get it. Trying to post something positive on this board gets negative marks... I don't understand

People are tired of hearing justifications and excuses on why things aren't "that bad." The more excuses, the longer Benford is given passes and more time to fix things. But he isn't exactly fixing things.

Keeping things positive isn't a bad thing. Pretending everything is okay and things are going to get better if everything remains the way it is, is a bad thing.

Disclaimer: Not saying you were pretending everything is okay, just explaining why you will get dislikes if you post like that.

• Upvote 1

Not saying it is real progress but I am happy we won. The game had a different feel to it. They were a shorter team so Colman was taken out of the picture early and Jordan had to play a lot at the 4 (maybe we he had a poor scoring night). I am hoping that if we play a larger team we can at least match up better. Still Oklahoma is looking to beat us by quite a bit if we do not do something). They ran a. 3-2 zone and really forced us to swing the ball to try to feed it into the paint. Hopefully we will see man against Oklahoma though... I think!?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Not saying it is real progress but I am happy we won. The game had a different feel to it. They were a shorter team so Colman was taken out of the picture early and Jordan had to play a lot at the 4 (maybe we he had a poor scoring night). I am hoping that if we play a larger team we can at least match up better. Still Oklahoma is looking to beat us by quite a bit if we do not do something). They ran a. 3-2 zone and really forced us to swing the ball to try to feed it into the paint. Hopefully we will see man against Oklahoma though... I think!?

Are you telling me that NAIA Northwood dictated game play for the Mean Green? We had to take out the ever-improving Coleman because their lineup was small?!?

• Upvote 3

Are you telling me that NAIA Northwood dictated game play for the Mean Green? We had to take out the ever-improving Coleman because their lineup was small?!?

Exactly what I got from that post. Ridiculous. I guess with enough excuses you really can justify just about anything.

Andrew, comment?

Did I not raise a red flag when I said we will lose to Oklahoma by 40 plus if things do not change? I am happy we won but not happy how we came about it. I am hoping we will match up better with Oklahoma and both Coleman and Gaines can stay on the floor at the same time so Jordan can play the 3. It might open some things up. With that said we have a lot to improve on; poor shooting and sub par defense almost cost us this one. When we did get a stop we capitalized in transition whichever as nice to see. we need to get more stops on D so we can do that more often. Alzee and Brandon both did well in transition.

• Upvote 1

Message board approval is very important to you, so I will give you this...

We better celebrate this victory tonight...its probably one of about 4 we will enjoy this year (and that might be aiming too high)

Benford'd...thanks RV

• Upvote 1

I fundamentally disagree with the "bad win" stance. I do agree with ugly wins, which tonight was. Never-the-less, we were suppose to win and we did despite terrible shooting. I am still optimistic about the team and think that as we get use to new hand-check rules and chemistry grows with new players we can be competitive.

• Upvote 4