John Skladany

ntmeangreen11

gallery_1_145_142369.jpg

Called an excellent game tonight and has turned out to be a fantastic hire. I won't bog you down with stats the proof is in the pudding. I haven't seen a thread complaining about arm tackling once this season. That was a HUGE problem just a couple years ago. The defensive staff has done a solid job of putting these guys in the right position and letting them make plays. We have only allowed 17 total points in the last 8 quarters against two solid opponents. Skladany deserves a lot of credit for the progress we have seen defensively.

GMG

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Called an excellent game tonight and has turned out to be a fantastic hire. I won't bog you down with stats the proof is in the pudding. I haven't seen a thread complaining about arm tackling once this season. That was a HUGE problem just a couple years ago. The defensive staff has done a solid job of putting these guys in the right position and letting them make plays. We have only allowed 17 total points in the last 8 quarters against two solid opponents. Skladany deserves a lot of credit for the progress we have seen defensively.

GMG

Agree. And, the D has room to be even better...really like what you pointed out...much much better tackling this year....making a bid

G difference.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

We had some tackling trouble bringing down their qb Grammar, but very few flaws outside of that tonight. Defense was dominant. Not an understatement.

I bet the defense was game-planning for Kilgore. Grammar proved to be a pretty good runner, but was not accurate with his throws whatsoever.

• Upvote 1

The most impressive thing about the defense this year has been tackling. Open field, one on one, our guy almost always makes the tackle. That stuff doesn't go unnoticed. Buyers has been the guy that has most impressed me.

• Upvote 1

The most impressive thing about the defense this year has been tackling. Open field, one on one, our guy almost always makes the tackle. That stuff doesn't go unnoticed. Buyers has been the guy that has most impressed me.

I'll throw Will Wright in there as well since he's a LB, but usually covering a slot receiver.

• Upvote 1

I have to agree with you Rick. Take Georgia and Ball State (first half) out of it, which were two of the best offenses in the country at the time

we played them, and this defense has been incredible. They will absolutely rock ball carriers and receivers and seem to be in good position to make plays the majority of the time. Keep it up!

• Upvote 1

I just hope we don't lose him to a more prominent program at the end of the year. Why UCF ever let him go, I have no idea.

Plus, I really dig that look he is throwing down.

If I could find one I'd put up a Skladany Fathead in my garage for protection against evil spirits and thieves.

Rick

• Upvote 5

If I could find one I'd put up a Skladany Fathead in my garage for protection against evil spirits and thieves.

Rick

Lol.

It might actually scare your wife/kids... looking like a hobo got into your garage, making a nest for himself for the evening. :lol:

I don't think Skladany will be going anywhere for a few years. He's pretty old and him & Mac are BFFs

But he needs a Keep Denton Beard shirt, bad.

$$$ > friendship, especially for someone advanced in their career.

Maybe he will stay because he just loves Denton. Makes about as much sense.

For him to have the opportunity to leave, we would need to win 8 or 9 games and have the best defense in the league.

Impossible? No. Improbable? Yes.

• Upvote 1