Doin' God's Work-Phase II

KRAM1

OK, following up on the comment about getting a group of willing Mean Green supporters together one Saturday to pass out football posters...we are set to go on SATURDAY, JULY 28th beginning at 9:00AM.

I have arranged to pick up a stack of posters and, hopefully some mini-schedules, for folks to pass out to accomodating businesses in the Denton-Dallas-Ft. Worth or where ever areas.

Those willing to "donate" as little as one hour or as much time as you have to help that Saturday...please PM me and I'll give you the rest of the details and assign an area for you to cover that morning. I can only work that morning and I am sure others are tied up at various times as well...so if you want to just come pick up posters and distribute to your assigned area later...great, no problem. But, the more folks we have going around that morning the better.

PLEASE wear Mean Green gear as well on your appointed rounds....

OK, so, I know some folks have already expressed interest in helping with this project...it really will take very little time...so, just PM me here on GMG.Com and we'll get all the details out to you as far as meet up location. If you have an area in mind that you would like to cover just let me know and we'll make sure you get that assignment as well.

So...who is in on this fun little Saturday project??????

ALSO...if you are a business owner and would like a poster delivered to your place of business...just PM me or let me know in this thread and I'll make certain you are "hand delivered" a poster...and hopefully some mini-schedules if they are available as well.

Folks, this is the sort of thing you can do to support the Mean Green and to make a positive difference for YOUR university and YOUR team that really doesn't cost anything at all in the way of dollars...maybe a little gas money, but that's it. So, if you can and would like to be part of this event...let me know. Should be fun!

GO MEAN GREEN! Hope to see at least 8-10 interested folks...won't take long and it's a positive way to help.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

It's "Get The Green Out". My copyright attorney will be in touch.

And count me in for any ways to see this take off. Do you think basketball schedules will be out by September 7? I'm sure I could convince my 24-hour tailgate crew to get us a head start on this.

It's "Get The Green Out". My copyright attorney will be in touch.

And count me in for any ways to see this take off. Do you think basketball schedules will be out by September 7? I'm sure I could convince my 24-hour tailgate crew to get us a head start on this.

I was thinking maybe doing it before tailgating the second home game of the year (as long as that isn't LaLa). Could do a quick 2 hours then hit the tailgate.

• Upvote 1

So, I've been informed that one of our more "esteemed" fans has said that he was glad he didn't "WASTE HIS TIME" going all over Denton with posters Saturday. Really, waste of time? Seriously? Since when is getting together with a group of UNT and Mean green fans a waste of time? And, since when is talking UNT and Mean Green football with local merchants and Dentonites a waste of time? I had several conversations with several people who thanked me for helping out, who wanted to display the posters, who even asked for more Mean Green "stuff" to display and who really wanted to talk Mean Green football with me. I did not have one negative comment all the time I was out. In fact the only negative comments about our effort has come from "guess where"?

If I was wasting my time Saturday, getting to be part of this group and getting to meet some Mean Green fans I had not had the pleasure of meeting before and talking Mean green football with lots of interested Dentonites, then I truly hope I get to do a lot more "wasting my time" events. I am more than ready and willing to ":waste" more of my time having that much fun!

Anyone out there who participated in this event Saturday think it was a waste of their time? Because those are really the only opinions that actually matter.

Based on the reception I got Saturday from local businesses, I do think the tide may be beginning to turn in Denton and that this town may finally be on the verge of actually starting to really support Mean Green Athletics! Slowly, sure...but I sure seemed to sense positive movement while out Saturday...that made it an even more positive experience for me.

• Upvote 2

Anyone out there who participated in this event Saturday think it was a waste of their time? Because those are really the only opinions that actually matter.

Based on the reception I got Saturday from local businesses, I do think the tide may be beginning to turn in Denton and that this town may finally be on the verge of actually starting to really support Mean Green Athletics! Slowly, sure...but I sure seemed to sense positive movement while out Saturday...that made it an even more positive experience for me.

It was a lot of fun.

Glad UNT90 didn't eat all the donuts. Those were pretty good, BTW Mark. Thanks for bringing them.

On the "positive" tip--yeah, I agree that almost every business I went into was really sort of, if not EXCITED to have the posters, at least very positive about putting them up. I really expected more resistance.

Enjoyed it. Would participate again.

• Upvote 1

It was a lot of fun.

Glad UNT90 didn't eat all the donuts. Those were pretty good, BTW Mark. Thanks for bringing them.

On the "positive" tip--yeah, I agree that almost every business I went into was really sort of, if not EXCITED to have the posters, at least very positive about putting them up. I really expected more resistance.

Enjoyed it. Would participate again.

Hey, I only had.... 6?

Can't let em go to waste, ya know. :-)

• Upvote 1

Saw one at the Rudy's in Allen last night, put a big grin on my face.

Was it the one in the front window, the one in the side window by the drive through start, or the one on the wall in the back room where we have the watching parties? ;)

Say, did anyone take a poster to the Rudy's in Denton?

• Upvote 1

Damn....missed it. I could have used a day like that passing out UNT schedules. :(

Get the Green Out Day is really just the kickoff to the football schedule poster hanging season, which tapers off toward the end of the football season, overlapped by basketball schedule poster hanging season. Additional schedule posters available at the North Texas Ticket Office (or maybe by sweet talking KRAM1).

Edited by UNT 90 Grad

New York Subway - owners said they would place the sign up and I believed them

Did you talk with Ken Christiansen? If not, then you didn't talk to the owner. For the NY Subway on University, you need to talk to Mike Pritchard.

You know I am not 100% sure they were the owners. They just had that look of investment and like a husband and wife team. Maybe I just caught two individuals I misread. Either way he said I could leave it there and they would find a place for it. This is the NY Subway right off Eagle I believe it is, literally across from Clark Hall and behind Sack and Save.

GMG

New York Subs across from Clark is one of my most cherished places at UNT. I remember getting sandwiches there as a student and now I take my kids there. I also have gone there around many many UNT sporting events.

Already working on the picnic and beers for next year's event...will need many more volunteers to help and to help fund the costs if we are going to provide food and beers. Sorry, just cannot foot the entire bill myself with it growing like it has the possibility to do. We could make it a "bring your own food and beer tailgate" and share with others if folks would like and then the financial costs would not just fall on a few.

I agree...we need a tailgate after this event next time...maybe after we do it with the basketball posters this year...who is in????? ME...I'm in...it was too much fun to miss out on for round two!

POSTERS AND A PICNIC (OK a tailgate) for "SPREAD THE GREEN" DAY II.....greatness.

• Upvote 1

Already working on the picnic and beers for next year's event...will need many more volunteers to help and to help fund the costs if we are going to provide food and beers. Sorry, just cannot foot the entire bill myself with it growing like it has the possibility to do. We could make it a "bring your own food and beer tailgate" and share with others if folks would like and then the financial costs would not just fall on a few.

I agree...we need a tailgate after this event next time...maybe after we do it with the basketball posters this year...who is in????? ME...I'm in...it was too much fun to miss out on for round two!

POSTERS AND A PICNIC (OK a tailgate) for "SPREAD THE GREEN" DAY II.....greatness.

If I'm free that day, I'm in!

I'm certainly in for a Get The Green Out tailgate after we do our work.

So, I've been informed that one of our more "esteemed" fans has said that he was glad he didn't "WASTE HIS TIME" going all over Denton with posters Saturday. Really, waste of time? Seriously? Since when is getting together with a group of UNT and Mean green fans a waste of time? And, since when is talking UNT and Mean Green football with local merchants and Dentonites a waste of time? I had several conversations with several people who thanked me for helping out, who wanted to display the posters, who even asked for more Mean Green "stuff" to display and who really wanted to talk Mean Green football with me. I did not have one negative comment all the time I was out. In fact the only negative comments about our effort has come from "guess where"?

If I was wasting my time Saturday, getting to be part of this group and getting to meet some Mean Green fans I had not had the pleasure of meeting before and talking Mean green football with lots of interested Dentonites, then I truly hope I get to do a lot more "wasting my time" events. I am more than ready and willing to ":waste" more of my time having that much fun!

C'mon is he really "esteemed"?

Good work fellas

• Upvote 1