Doin' God's Work-Phase II

KRAM1

OK, following up on the comment about getting a group of willing Mean Green supporters together one Saturday to pass out football posters...we are set to go on SATURDAY, JULY 28th beginning at 9:00AM.

I have arranged to pick up a stack of posters and, hopefully some mini-schedules, for folks to pass out to accomodating businesses in the Denton-Dallas-Ft. Worth or where ever areas.

Those willing to "donate" as little as one hour or as much time as you have to help that Saturday...please PM me and I'll give you the rest of the details and assign an area for you to cover that morning. I can only work that morning and I am sure others are tied up at various times as well...so if you want to just come pick up posters and distribute to your assigned area later...great, no problem. But, the more folks we have going around that morning the better.

PLEASE wear Mean Green gear as well on your appointed rounds....

OK, so, I know some folks have already expressed interest in helping with this project...it really will take very little time...so, just PM me here on GMG.Com and we'll get all the details out to you as far as meet up location. If you have an area in mind that you would like to cover just let me know and we'll make sure you get that assignment as well.

So...who is in on this fun little Saturday project??????

ALSO...if you are a business owner and would like a poster delivered to your place of business...just PM me or let me know in this thread and I'll make certain you are "hand delivered" a poster...and hopefully some mini-schedules if they are available as well.

Folks, this is the sort of thing you can do to support the Mean Green and to make a positive difference for YOUR university and YOUR team that really doesn't cost anything at all in the way of dollars...maybe a little gas money, but that's it. So, if you can and would like to be part of this event...let me know. Should be fun!

GO MEAN GREEN! Hope to see at least 8-10 interested folks...won't take long and it's a positive way to help.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

This sounds like a great newspaper coverage opportunity. Where will you meet ? Or better yet, come up with a business and a specific time and I'll see if I can get the DR-C there. I can also contact the Dallas Morning news ( I know, Belo=both) and the Ft. Worth Star Telegram. Maybe the Wall Street Journal as well.

Thanks for putting this together.

GO MEAN GREEN

• Upvote 2

This is great you are doing this....wish I was in town to help. FYI....Specs off 75 has some Texas State koozies at the registers....those need to be replaced with some UNT. Also, the Humperdinks off Greenville has every local college flag except UNT. It's right in SMU's backyard. On another note, when I wear my Conference USA NT shirt, I get several people asking me where I got it. I wager it's hard to go into public and not be around someone who graduated or is attending our great school. Good things ahead. Go Mean Green.

JRock

• Upvote 2

I'm in. I'll take the area of University along the Kroger shopping center. I need to get back over there to sell that real estate leasing guy on season tickets.

Keep in mind spots that have already been hit are Fry street, the square and the south side of University over there by the big Pizza Inn at University/Carroll

Edited by emmitt01
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

This is great you are doing this....wish I was in town to help. FYI....Specs off 75 has some Texas State koozies at the registers....those need to be replaced with some UNT. Also, the Humperdinks off Greenville has every local college flag except UNT. It's right in SMU's backyard. On another note, when I wear my Conference USA NT shirt, I get several people asking me where I got it. I wager it's hard to go into public and not be around someone who graduated or is attending our great school. Good things ahead. Go Mean Green.

JRock

Specs had tons of UNT koozies. Owners are UNT alum. I posted pictures a while back. Someone else posted a video of the UNT steel drum band at the specs grand opening.

Edited by oldguystudent
  • Upvote 2

Folks, as of this pint we have five (5) volunteers...those would be:

KRAM1 - yes, I do count myself

UNT90

LongJim

Slide Show Joe

Emmitt01

I am finding a "meet up" place where I will provide a snack and coffee/juice to all volunteers...I'll also provide tape and thumb tacks for the volunteers and we'll assign areas to work. I'll have out the posters and off we will go. MAKE CERTAIN you wear Mean green Gear of some kind so folks will be able to spot you and know you are a member of the great Mean Green Nation. Once we all head out, we will be on our own...work as long or as short a time as you wish and just get back with me when you can on how it went so I can report our success and any "unique" experiences here on GMG.Com. Thanks to the folks who have volunteered so far...we sure could use some more voluteers...if you just want to meet up to pick up some posters for distribution later or in other cities, just let me know you are coming and what area you want to cover.

Come on folks...this really can and will be a fun experience...and it's a very positive way to help UNT that will only cost a little time and gasoline...so, some of you good folks who are unable for whatever reason to join the Mean green Club or to make financial contributions could volunteer your time instead...it's all good. PM me or post here if you can join us on SATURDAY, JULY 28th. Meet up time will be 9AM...location to be announced!

If you own or work for a local business that would be willing to put up a poster, just let me know and we'll make sure you get one....

• Upvote 3

I like what you're doing, but you have to admit, this is not God's work.

Yes, we can all admit that...but, I will also say that volunteering to help in a postive endeavor can, indeed, be considered "God's work"...but if it offends you in any way, you have my apologies.

Would you like to volunteer to help...or are you on board just to add a bit of criticism for those who have volunteered to give part of their Saturday to help in a positive manner? Glad you like the idea. We could use your help.

Seriously, would love to have you join us...we can call this "Doin' GanfGreen's Work" if it makes you feel better...anything to help encourage volunteers, right?

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

I'll be there.

EXCELLENT...and yes, you most certainly can hit the area you mentioned...no problem...hitting an area outside of Denton is super...gald to have you with us....thanks for making the effort and joining us...great to have you on board!

See you on the 28th!

I will work on our very own Diet Coke Boy tonight at the F.C. Dallas game.

Well, you certainly brought FC DAllas home a win...how'd you do with "Diet Coke" boy???? :-)

Glad to have you with us on the 28th...

Well, you certainly brought FC DAllas home a win...how'd you do with "Diet Coke" boy???? :-)

Glad to have you with us on the 28th...

Yeah...I attend one game this year and they explode for five goals. Think I could convince them that I'm a "good luck charm" and need free season tickets?

And he's in.

• Upvote 1

Yes, we can all admit that...but, I will also say that volunteering to help in a postive endeavor can, indeed, be considered "God's work"...but if it offends you in any way, you have my apologies.

Would you like to volunteer to help...or are you on board just to add a bit of criticism for those who have volunteered to give part of their Saturday to help in a positive manner? Glad you like the idea. We could use your help.

Seriously, would love to have you join us...we can call this "Doin' GanfGreen's Work" if it makes you feel better...anything to help encourage volunteers, right?

I think he was just criticising the event name, not the volunteers. None the less, it'd be great if we had a catchy name for this and made it an annual event. Maybe "Paint North Texas Green Day" or "Rub Some Green On It Day". I obviously wasn't a marketing major, but you catch my drift.

• Upvote 2

I think he was just criticising the event name, not the volunteers. None the less, it'd be great if we had a catchy name for this and made it an annual event. Maybe "Paint North Texas Green Day" or "Rub Some Green On It Day". I obviously wasn't a marketing major, but you catch my drift.

Personally, I like "Catch my drift" day.

• Upvote 2

I think he was just criticizing the event name, not the volunteers. None the less, it'd be great if we had a catchy name for this and made it an annual event. Maybe "Paint North Texas Green Day" or "Rub Some Green On It Day". I obviously wasn't a marketing major, but you catch my drift.

Todd, I get that 100%. It just is like clockwork around here that someone...who is not a volunteer...comes up with some criticism of something.

We can definitely come up with an "official name' for the event...BUT, it will come from the actual volunteers themselevs...you know, the ones who have actually given of their time, talent and dollars to help with the event. So, be thinking of what we might could call this little event going forward...

• Upvote 3

Todd, I get that 100%. It just is like clockwork around here that someone...who is not a volunteer...comes up with some criticism of something.

We can definitely come up with an "official name' for the event...BUT, it will come from the actual volunteers themselevs...you know, the ones who have actually given of their time, talent and dollars to help with the event. So, be thinking of what we might could call this little event going forward...

Seeing as I've been doing this for going on twele years now...and I'm glad to see it adopted as a collaborative effort...might I be so forward as to officially name it? I propose "Get The Green Out" day. Kinda refers to getting the posters out and getting the MG nation (people) out to put them up.

• Upvote 2

Nothing like a straight-forward name Emmitt. I think we have a winner and thank you for all those years!

Maybe next year the university could support the effort as part of all the tours they give over the heated months.

Meanwhile the 28th will be a great day for UNT and the community.

GMG

• Upvote 2

Seeing as I've been doing this for going on twele years now...and I'm glad to see it adopted as a collaborative effort...might I be so forward as to officially name it? I propose "Get The Green Out" day. Kinda refers to getting the posters out and getting the MG nation (people) out to put them up.

INDEED...I do believe we have a winner....at this point...welcome to the following volunteers who will be participating in the first annual "Get The Green Out" day....

KRAM1

Emmitt01

"Diet Coke Boy"

LongJim

UNT90

Slide Show Joe

NM Green

trud1966

UNT 90 Grad

That's nine (9) and counting folks...check your Saturday, July 28th schedules and "sign-up" to volunteer...it's going to be fun...

OK, meeting place announced...we will meet at 9AM on Saturday, July 28th at the Alumni Pavilion at Apogee! I think it's a spot everyone knows how to find...right?

So, Saturday, July 28th - 9:00AM...Alumni Pavilion at Apogee....It's GET THE GREEN OUT DAY!!!

See you there. Hope we add several more names soon....

Oak Street Draft House & Cocktail Parlor will gladly allow a poster and schedules. They'll go great with our NT Battle flag flying proudly out front. (308 E. Oak St Denton TX USA)

I can't speak for them but Im confident Weinbergers Deli and Mellow Mushroom will also be happy to support the MGN. Some good people running those places.

Oak Street Draft House & Cocktail Parlor will gladly allow a poster and schedules. They'll go great with our NT Battle flag flying proudly out front. (308 E. Oak St Denton TX USA)

I can't speak for them but Im confident Weinbergers Deli and Mellow Mushroom will also be happy to support the MGN. Some good people running those places.

GREAT...I have them down....will make sure they all get posters!!!! Many thanks.....

Just want to remind all our volunteers for tomorrow's first "GET THE GREEN OUT" day event that we will meet at 9:00AM at the UNT ALUMNI PAVILUION at Apogee. I have the posters, push pins and tape available to be passed out to all participants, so you do not need to bring your own "stuff". In addition, I will provide juice, coffee and a breakfast snack to all who wish to have a drink or snack before heading out on your appointed rounds.

I'll also have assignments for all as to areas of coverage. Some have already requested areas, so that's fine...others have not...no worry, all will be accommodated.

ALSO...and this is a biggie....remember that I-35 in this area is being shut down tonight to place the pedestrian bridge across the highway....says the highway will be shut down from 10PM until 8:00AM Saturday morning...well, we meet at 9AM, so if they time it right it should not matter, but just in case...be prepared and start out early on your journey to the Alumni pavilion. You can exit at Ft. Worth Drive if you are coming from the south and go south on Ft. Worth Drive to Roselawn and follow Roselawn around to the stadium, or you can exit at Ft. Worth Drive and go to eagle and down Eagle Dr. and wind through the campus to hit Bonnie Brae...or if coming from the North just exit at Bonnie Brae....we should all enter in front of the stadium...not on the access road to I-35 as that stadium entrance will more than likely be closed!

I really want to thank everyone who has volunteered for this little event...should be fun ...REMEMBER to WEAR YOUR GREEN! We definitely want folks to know that we are members of the Mean Green Nation as they see us out and about!

Just want to remind all our volunteers for tomorrow's first "GET THE GREEN OUT" day event that we will meet at 9:00AM at the UNT ALUMNI PAVILUION at Apogee. I have the posters, push pins and tape available to be passed out to all participants, so you do not need to bring your own "stuff". In addition, I will provide juice, coffee and a breakfast snack to all who wish to have a drink or snack before heading out on your appointed rounds.

I'll also have assignments for all as to areas of coverage. Some have already requested areas, so that's fine...others have not...no worry, all will be accommodated.

ALSO...and this is a biggie....remember that I-35 in this area is being shut down tonight to place the pedestrian bridge across the highway....says the highway will be shut down from 10PM until 8:00AM Saturday morning...well, we meet at 9AM, so if they time it right it should not matter, but just in case...be prepared and start out early on your journey to the Alumni pavilion. You can exit at Ft. Worth Drive if you are coming from the south and go south on Ft. Worth Drive to Roselawn and follow Roselawn around to the stadium, or you can exit at Ft. Worth Drive and go to eagle and down Eagle Dr. and wind through the campus to hit Bonnie Brae...or if coming from the North just exit at Bonnie Brae....we should all enter in front of the stadium...not on the access road to I-35 as that stadium entrance will more than likely be closed!

I really want to thank everyone who has volunteered for this little event...should be fun ...REMEMBER to WEAR YOUR GREEN! We definitely want folks to know that we are members of the Mean Green Nation as they see us out and about!

Maybe since this is the beginning of a tradition, a group photo would be in order with the bridge in the background?

• Upvote 1