Very Proud Of The Team

Tramp96

Yes, Saturday was a disappointing loss that didn't have to be. The mistakes and bad luck just took its toll. HOWEVER... the team NEVER QUIT. They played hard and played with their heads on straight until UNT was firing off celebratory fireworks for Ohio (we are so nice that way....but that's another subject*).

At the end of the game, soaking wet, I just stood there in awe disbelief at what I had just seen. Very mixed bag of emotions...I was disappointed at the loss but very, very proud of the players and coaches for perserving and never quitting. Hell of a job by everyone on that team. UNT teams of the recent past would have folded up and rolled over when the adversity hit...but this team didn't. If that game is played 9 more times, UNT wins 8 of them. Ohio, let's face it, got damn lucky.

I cannot wait for the next home game. I cannot wait to welcome MTSU to the 2009 version of the Mean Green. Stomp. Mudhole.

*Another subject: Do we have to shoot off the fireworks after a loss? I realize they are using the fireworks as an added game experience to entice the families out, but I just hate walking back to my car and seeing us celebrate another team's victory at Fouts Field with a fireworks show.