Dodge will coach all-star team

OldTimer

Dodge will coach all-star teamBy TRAE THOMPSON

Star-Telegram Staff Writer

Tack on another honor for Carroll High School's Todd Dodge.

The Dragons' coach has been selected as head coach of the West team for the U.S. Army All-American Bowl. The Jan. 6 game at noon at the Alamodome in San Antonio features 80 of the nation's top high school recruits and will be televised by NBC.

"I'm excited," Dodge said. "I'm looking forward to it. The people there are great. I'm looking forward to seeing people from the Army. It's a class deal; it's fun to be around those kinds of kids."

Dodge has led the Dragons to three Class 5A Division II state titles, in 2002, '04 and '05, and mythical national championships in '04 and '05.

Carroll (12-0), which is 75-1 going back through 2002, plays Odessa Permian in a 5A Division I regional semifinal Saturday in Lubbock.

Dodge was an assistant coach in the U.S. Army All-American Bowl in 2005 and was head coach of the North team for the Texas High School Coaches Association All-Star game in 2004. He was selected national Coach of the Year by USA Today in 2004.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Trae Thompson, 817-685-3866 mtthompson@star-telegram.com