Any news from today's scrimmage?

BillySee58

Interview with Jimmerson and James Jones after the practice. I found it kind of interesting that Jalen Montgomery was playing inside linebacker in one of the drills.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

I had high hopes for Dajon when he originally committed here, but I still stand by my statement that I doubt he ever sees the field as a starter. I don't know him personally or have any inside sources, but on the outside looking in, he seems to lack maturity and focus. Hate to see him waste his talent.

I had high hopes for Dajon when he originally committed here, but I still stand by my statement that I doubt he ever sees the field as a starter. I don't know him personally or have any inside sources, but on the outside looking in, he seems to lack maturity and focus. Hate to see him waste his talent.

Yeah, it seems a lot like the Berglund situation last year. One year they're impressing the heck out of everyone: Berglund winning scout team POTY, Williams pushing DT as a true freshman and Coach Mac saying he will not redshirt. The next year neither are able to take over the job because of various issues, not related to talent.

If Kevin Sumlin was our coach, Brock and Dajon likely would've been our qb. Alternatively, if Coach Mac would've been at A&M Johnny Manziel likely would've never played. Just two different philosophies.

Like TFLF said, Coach Mac and crew are not handing over starting positions, period. Not just play a kid because he's talented. And they won us 9 games last year, which is a lot more than this school traditionally wins. So we darn sure better be grateful. He has more than earned that.

I just hope the coaches open up this offense a little. That's when DT was at his best. Being too bland got us behind in games, like getting shut out the first half at Tulane or getting out scored 21-13 at home against UTSA. We have a plethora of playmakers. And Mcnulty and Greer are no slouches either. Plus the line we have, this offense could be explosive.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

Hes only a freshman. Has 4 years to play.

• Upvote 2

https://twitter.com/d_2legitt/status/495973408979812353

Is dw expecting? Don't know if this had anything to do with the off-season workouts or if I'm reading too much into it. I could see how this would be a distraction though.

I just hope the coaches open up this offense a little. That's when DT was at his best. Being too bland got us behind in games, like getting shut out the first half at Tulane or getting out scored 21-13 at home against UTSA. We have a plethora of playmakers. And Mcnulty and Greer are no slouches either. Plus the line we have, this offense could be explosive.

El-Whappo-likes-Eric-Beard.jpg

• Upvote 2

This may be a blessing to DW. Nevertheless, condoms. Use them.

To hit on what Billy was saying, we do have a solid group of playmakers. QB has to get the ball into the hands of these guys and just let them work.

Edited by Ben Gooding

I think Mac and staff have done a great job at building depth. We have so many talented running backs, linebackers, DB's. The team speed should be phenomenal, but I'm worried about our D Line getting pushed around against heavier teams like Texas. I'm rooting most for Freddie Warner to have an injury free year, the kid deserves it. Also hope we can create enough opportunities to have a balanced attack offensively to get all our our playmakers involved.

• Upvote 2