College Football News

BobFam

Sun Belt Rankings

It appears that the NCAA is not appalled with ASU for their mascot, but with their state.  See #8.  wink.gif

3. North Texas

The class is heavy on ... The defensive line. Five tackles and four ends were brought in to try to restore some of the former glory to the Mean Green defense. JUCO transfer Brian Carlson isn't all that big, so he'll have to use his quickness to make an immediate impact. The ends are big enough to improve the run defense in a big way over the next few years.

The player who'll someday be a really big deal ... CB Roy Loren

The player you might care about this year ... QB Woody Wilson

What it all means to the real world of college football ... JUCO transfer Woody Wilson will upgrade the quarterback situation right off the bat, but that's the only help brought in to boost the offense with no running backs or receivers in the group. 13 of the 18 recruits are for the defensive side to help out the Sun Belt's worst D.

Considering ASU is the defending Sun Belt champion, you'd think this would've been a hotter recruiting class.

I think we already learned the hard way that being the SunBelt champion doesn't leave potential recruits weak in the knees.  sad.gif

The thing that most surprises me about the ASU class is that they picked up 4 of the top 17 players in Arkansas according to Rivals.

Rivals - Arkansas Top 20

Is the talent that bad in Arkansas? Surely not.

The thing that most surprises me about the ASU class is that they picked up 4 of the top 17 players in Arkansas according to Rivals.

Rivals - Arkansas Top 20

Is the talent that bad in Arkansas?  Surely not.

I don't know. I know that the Razorbacks used to spend more time recruiting in Texas than in Arkansas.

Overall, I think this is a reasonable assessment of our class. But, as I've said before, it only counts on the field. We have never had the top rated Sun Belt recruiting class, but have managed to win four conference championships. That alone, should caution those who want to get too excited (pro or con) about our recruit rankings....especially in relation to our conference foes.