Dallas Morning News Article on Blake & George Dunham

Green59

DENTON — George Dunham hasn’t found himself at a loss for words often during his tenure as the voice of the Mean Green.

The North Texas graduate thought he had pretty much seen it all — from bowl wins to bad losses — and always had something to say. Then in 2012, he looked down from the press box at Tiger Stadium in Baton Rouge, La., and saw his son Blake leveled in his first game as the Mean Green’s deep snapper.

“He got waylaid,” Dunham said. “I stopped talking for about 10 seconds because I was really worried about him. I came back and said, ‘I’m sorry I didn’t describe that very well. My son just got hit.’ That was really the only time I have said anything. I have tried to treat it like he is any other player.”

As far as anyone at UNT is concerned, that awkward moment of silence has been about the only hiccup in the story of one of the more unusual father-son duos in Mean Green football history that is in its final chapters.

Blake Dunham will be among 17 players UNT will honor Saturday on Senior Day in the Mean Green’s home finale against Florida International. The Mean Green will wrap up their season a week later against UT-San Antonio.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/college-sports/unt-mean-green/20141119-the-ticket-s-george-dunham-expects-pretty-emotional-last-home-unt-game-with-son.ece

• Upvote 1