TJ Taylor (Release from Marquette)

adman

Would be interesting to see him play with TM. He's got a body to bang inside and a shot on the outside. Someone like that could help relieve the double teams on TM.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

We have no Open Ships this year though... but I will take him next year! We need some talent... I am not a fan of this Brazilian kid just yet...

Ask him to walk on this year and be on ship next .Kid probably doesn't want to sit again.

Edited by NT03
  • Upvote 1

Dear Clarke Overlander,

You're a super smart guy, and I'm so glad you're here. I'm looking forward to watching you rain down 3's on C-USA competition for years to come.

Could you pretty-please accept an academic scholarship so that your athletic scholarship could be freed-up for Mr. Taylor?

Thanks alot!

-MeanGreenTexan

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 10

So, if this kid is so solid, why has he gone from OU to Juco to Margette to nowhere???? Is he a "problem" looking for a home? Just asking.

Just about everyone left OU it seems during the time he was there.

Edited by NT03
  • Upvote 2

Just about everyone left OU , it seems , during the time he was there.

So why go to Marquette this July and leave in the same month? I am thinking something is fishy....but, I'll let Benford and Co. make these decisions and I'll trust them.

• Upvote 1

So why go to Marquette this July and leave in the same month? I am thinking something is fishy....but, I'll let Benford and Co. make these decisions and I'll trust them.

Kram, I believe the point is that there could be a tie between him and Benford that will play into this.

It's all speculation right now. I don't like the hopscotch this kid is playing either, and hope he finds a place he can call home.

• Upvote 1

The kid has played and lived less than 3 hours from home his entire life. All the sudden, he is a thousand (at least) miles from home in a city that is way different than where he grew up. If anything, I give the kid credit for realizing that he had made the wrong decision quickly and getting out of there without wasting any more of anyone's time.

• Upvote 3

Benford is not going to takeway anyones scholarship.

No coach in his right mind could do that to his reputation.

Taylor can either

-go to a JUCO and continue his degree, get picked up on scholarship but lose a year

-go home and wait until he can be picked up on a full ride scholarship somewhere, keeping a year of eligibility

-walk-on and cover the costs for a year

• Upvote 3

Benford is not going to takeway anyones scholarship.

The Marquette program Benford just left has done that to returning players or new commits at least 3 times in the past 4-5 years.

I don't know how much Buzz rubbed off on Benford... We may be about to find out.

Without looking , I think Tech & SMU both have room. Somone can correct me if I'm wrong. Believe someone just left the Red Raiders

*Edit Red Raiders do not have the room.

Edited by NT03
  • Upvote 1

It happens every year at bigger schools. You just see it as "player leaves for personal reasons ". In reality , a coach says to the player " you know , I just don't see any PT for you here"

If there is a more talented player out there , a coach will find a way to make it happen. Example : Michael Bradley

Edited by NT03
  • Upvote 1

It happens every year at bigger schools. You just see it as "player leaves for personal reasons ". In reality , a coach says to the player " you know , I just don't see any PT for you here"

If there is a more talented player out there , a coach will find a way to make it happen. Example : Michael Bradley

Not disagreeing, but I think a while back Tasty painted a pretty cruel picture of Buzz. As if he does it at Marquette in a more brash/harsh way. I don't remember specifics, except that it's not something I want Benford bringing with him.