The Hit.

andrewrozell

Looks worse on replay. Didn't know that was possible.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Do we know why? Injury? Ineffectiveness?

there was a tweet posted on a previous thread that suggested stockstill was trying something different, but I think the guy was 8 for 8 or something, so why try something different? i'm guessing a injury.

It looked to be a clean hit to me fellas. He led with his shoulders, he didnt launch, he just got underneath Gammer's shoulder pads and decelated him. This is a very hard hitting team and it shows when the biggest hit of the season comes from a member of the second team defense and not Trice, Orr or Lee.

• Upvote 3

If you listened to the referee's e plantation, he said there would be no penalty for taunting, nothing about an illegal hit. Sed was doing the X factor move after the hit.

I believe he said no penalty for "targeting", not "taunting". He then explained why the hit wasn't targeting. The flags came out before the play was over and the fumble was recovered.
  • Upvote 1

It looked to be a clean hit to me fellas. He led with his shoulders, he didnt launch, he just got underneath Gammer's shoulder pads and decelated him. This is a very hard hitting team and it shows when the biggest hit of the season comes from a member of the second team defense and not Trice, Orr or Lee.

I thought that Trice had a great hit to save the TD. His hit was so hard it knocked at least 6 points off the board, 9 if you count the ensuing field goal block.