HS Playoff Games @ Apogee

C Vo

The rental cost for High School Football playoff games at Apogee is.................

(DRUM ROLL)

$23,000.00!

That's $6,000.00 more than SMU's stadium!

I don't feel many High Schools will be able to afford the stadium at that rate.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

If that figure is correct, that is assinine. We should welcome all high school playoff games at a reasonable rate.

• Upvote 2

I can't imagine that the Athletic Dept is trying to price themselves out of the market. Since none of us know how much it costs to open Apogee, I don't know how we could comment as to whether or not the price is out of line.

The best stuff always costs more.

GO MEAN GREEN

• Upvote 2

Where did you get that figure?

A local high school football coach who's checking around for places to play in the 1st round.

A local high school football coach who's checking around for places to play in the 1st round.

I understand them charging a premium but that seems a little high.

They should cut the price just to get those high school players into Apogee Stadium for the playoffs. Think of all the players, coaches, and parents. Great time to showcase the place to people who might otherwise never go to Apogee. Even if you lose a little money just to open the place up. But what do I know. I was only in business for 45 years.

Edited by DeepGreen
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

Perhaps 23k cover stadium rental, guest services, security, police, emergency personnel, concessions staffing, traffic cops, etc. And conversely maybe SMU quotes a base price and everything else is the responsibility of the renter.

C.H. Collins on Loop 288 is around $7,500. Some of the bigger, richer schools could afford to pay that, but for that price they could play at Cowboys Stadium. Its the smaller schools that would want to play @ Apogee and cannot afford it. Dickey (UNT), Patterson(TCU), and Briles(Baylor) are some coaches/schools that have had alot of success recruiting players from smaller schools. These are the type of kids who would be impressionable and really appreciate playing playoff games @ Apogee.

C.H. Collins on Loop 288 is around $7,500. Some of the bigger, richer schools could afford to pay that, but for that price they could play at Cowboys Stadium. Its the smaller schools that would want to play @ Apogee and cannot afford it. Dickey (UNT), Patterson(TCU), and Briles(Baylor) are some coaches/schools that have had alot of success recruiting players from smaller schools. These are the type of kids who would be impressionable and really appreciate playing playoff games @ Apogee.

CH Collins is around $2,500-$3,000 depending on if the schools are 5a/4a or lower classification.

This was back in 2009 to play at Cowboys stadium.

"The Arlington Independent School District had to pay $7,500 per team to play in the stadium. With four teams in playoffs playing on the field, that comes to a $30,000 price tag."

http://www.nbcdfw.co...p-69818742.html

That Apogee quote I'm sure can be negotiated. Until we get the pedestrian bridge next Fall, parking and crowd movement will be a problem this Fall.

Look at some of these Texas High Schools who have built mega-stadiums and their football budgets? If 2 schools come to Apogee for a play-off game they will split the cost so that wouldn't hurt many Texas 5A HS budgets at all. The smaller schools need to get a "blue light" special, though.

GMG!

They should cut the price just to get those high school players into Apogee Stadium for the playoffs. Think of all the players, coaches, and parents. Great time to showcase the place to people who might otherwise never go to Apogee. Even if you lose a little money just to open the place up. But what do I know. I was only in business for 45 years.

Exactly...now you miss out on:

1. Recruiting.

2. People just coming to watch a game who notice its a great place to watch football, so they come back to watch UNT games.

3. Recruiting.

4. Concessions.

5. Did I mention recruiting?